Front View Camara - Need help ASAP, please....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subseashooter

Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

So I figured out exactly what I want.....found it at a dealer in Ga.....but he's asking a bit (A WHOLE DAMN LOT!!) more than I want to give up. I tried to get him to budge on the truck and that's a non-starter (of course.)

So I did another search, and I found one on ebay that is allocated and has a build date next month for another dealership in another part of the country. They are asking right at sticker for the truck. BEAUTIFUL!! (Where is that "BUY IT NOW" button?!?!)

My only issue....I can't see the full options list....the ad says that it is loaded, but there is one thing that I REALLY want that is not explicitly stated in the ad. I want a front view camara.

Now, if I lock this thing in on ebay, and it doesn't have the front view camara, can it be added in either by the dealer before it gets built, or can it be installed after the purchase?

The price difference between what the dealer in GA is asking and this other dealer is asking is significant....over 3K....I can do a lot of upgrading for that kinda $$$$....

Thoughts?!

Thanks!!!!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most likely half (if not more) of what you are saving will go to adding the oem front camera afterwards. by the time you get the camera and the dealer programming, it will be expensive. even aftermarket, it will be expensive.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To try to put the factory camera set up will cost a small fortune, if the truck doesn't have the front camera, best bet is to go with the lock-pic and aftermarket camera, if you had both camera's you could use NAV-TV to unlock the whole audio system, but if you only have a rear camera go with the lock and aftermarket camera, 599.00 for the lock-pic and camera, this set up uses the ford factory grill bracket with the CAMERA-SOURSE camera, NAV-TV is a great unit, but there camera's are not factory install type. LINK BELOW

https://camera-source.com/products/ford-oe-fit/ford-raptor-front-camera-kit-mytouch-2-fim-lockpick

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To try to put the factory camera set up will cost a small fortune, if the truck doesn't have the front camera, best bet is to go with the lock-pic and aftermarket camera, if you had both camera's you could use NAV-TV to unlock the whole audio system, but if you only have a rear camera go with the lock and aftermarket camera, 599.00 for the lock-pic and camera, this set up uses the ford factory grill bracket with the CAMERA-SOURSE camera, NAV-TV is a great unit, but there camera's are not factory install type. LINK BELOW

https://camera-source.com/products/ford-oe-fit/ford-raptor-front-camera-kit-mytouch-2-fim-lockpick

After J Damage posted this info, a year or so ago, I purchased the camera source front camera and the LockPick. It was a great investment. The LockPick allows you to add several cameras and control them at will, even the factory rear camera. It also allow you(r passenger) to input NAV directions while you drive. The factory front camera has many limitations, as does the NAV system. Both the LockPick and the NavTv will help you have more control over them.

OP
OP
S

subseashooter

Reaction score
So with the LockPic and NavTv, does everything look like it came from the factory?

I've seen some really butchered 'custom' electronics jobs.....my main concern is keeping it clean looking, and functioning smooth.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Lockpick is plug and play. And the camera kit CamerSource provides uses an OEM bracket. However, I got an email from him saying he was waiting on a firmware upgrade from Coastaltech to fix some bugs with the latest Mytouch upgrade. Haven't heard back from him. Waiting to get paid to check back with him to see if it's been fixed.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with the LockPic and NavTv, does everything look like it came from the factory?

I've seen some really butchered 'custom' electronics jobs.....my main concern is keeping it clean looking, and functioning smooth.

With the lock pic and camera-sourse camera, everything looks factory, being chris uses the factory grill bracket. I also have to say, for the people who have the factory front and rear camera's NAV-TV is the way to go, being they are the only one's as of now who bypassed the factory front camera, for the people who only have the rear camera, the camera- sourse lock pic set up is the best way to go, being they use there camera's in the factory brackets and emblem's, im running this system in my 2011, and have no complants, also side note- the front camera does not have the guide lines, unless chris changed it, just go to the site and check it out.

Last edited:

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just checked with him and he said the firmware is updated and these are good to go. Buying mine next week!