Ford Raptor vs Others

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use a 2500 gas as my work truck and its a tank nothing can stop it its at 150k all those miles in towing and contract work and its never left me stranded even when broken its still drivable but in my raptor ive been stranded in the dessert at 37k miles but id pick the raptor over the work truck anyday. its a personal preferance you wont go wrong with either. only reason y i would want a diesel is the power that you can get out of them and rolling coal.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the OP, you are commuting 50 miles daily and occasionally towing. If you are outside the Raptor in tongue weight/total trailer weight, or if you haul more than a tiny-assed 5.5' bed will carry, your decision is already made. If you are somewhere south of 6K lbs or the tow limit (SCREW 8K lbs I think I read sumplace), based on your usage profile the Raptor is the clear choice IMHO. Why? First and foremost, ride quality and general on and particularly off road flexibility. Ride is not harsh or bouncy like a heavy duty truck, it just sails down the highway at 80mph like it owns the road....which it does. My truck handles and rides on road more like a sports sedan. On or off road, the power and width makes it handle and corner in with complete confidence, which also makes towing stability incredible (I tow a 6K lb boat). Braking is awesome, and offroad...well it's a freekin Raptor. I always find myself grinning in this truck and LOVE driving it....anywhere and everywhere. Oh, and the cool-factor? Again, it's a freekin RAPTOR. We looked at a new Dodge w/Cummins...nice truck, but I am soooo glad the deal didn't happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Perhaps the OP already got his truck as he posted in August and we haven't heard from him since.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorBronco

Reaction score
From the OP, you are commuting 50 miles daily and occasionally towing. If you are outside the Raptor in tongue weight/total trailer weight, or if you haul more than a tiny-assed 5.5' bed will carry, your decision is already made. If you are somewhere south of 6K lbs or the tow limit (SCREW 8K lbs I think I read sumplace), based on your usage profile the Raptor is the clear choice IMHO. Why? First and foremost, ride quality and general on and particularly off road flexibility. Ride is not harsh or bouncy like a heavy duty truck, it just sails down the highway at 80mph like it owns the road....which it does. My truck handles and rides on road more like a sports sedan. On or off road, the power and width makes it handle and corner in with complete confidence, which also makes towing stability incredible (I tow a 6K lb boat). Braking is awesome, and offroad...well it's a freekin Raptor. I always find myself grinning in this truck and LOVE driving it....anywhere and everywhere. Oh, and the cool-factor? Again, it's a freekin RAPTOR. We looked at a new Dodge w/Cummins...nice truck, but I am soooo glad the deal didn't happen.

Well said. X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk