Ford Raptor vs Others

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh141644

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of purchasing a new/used truck. The Ford Raptor is highest on my list, but i am wary just because of its high price. I do moderate towing, general moving of assorted cargo, and daily commute around 50 miles every day. I have also been considering a Duramax 2500HD. I will be doing about 10k+ of aftermarket no matter what I get. I am not extremely concerned about fuel economy, so don't use that in the equation of which to choose. I would be looking at both used and new. I know used normally means an extremely broad price spectrum, but the oldest i would ever purchase of either would be a '10. Any and all help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you plan on offroading the truck, get the raptor, plain and simple, you will never get any diesel engine truck to perform the same way in the dirt, if you plan on towing and want a diesel, get an F-250 with the 6.7L, if you want a truck to just drive around town, get a cheaper gas engine truck, you wouldn't be doing yourself any favors owning a diesel truck to drive it like that, diesels are meant to be run under load, all the time, and you'll wear out the engine prematurely if you don't use it, and no, doing burnouts and flooring it all the time do not count as being under load for a diesel engine

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ask yourself, what are you going to use the vehicle for mostly? that will determine if i is right for you. the raptor doesnt tow much, so you are comparing a diesel truck to an offroad truck. do you plan on running offroad? how much weight are you planning on pulling. we can only give opinions here because most of us have already have a truck. only you can answer the question of "how are you goin to use the truck" the raptor has a much better ride than almost any other truck out there, it doesnt tow a whole lot, crappy gas mileage (but you arent worried about it, and if you were, you wouldnt be thinking about a raptor) handles like a charm, and will provide you a shit load of fun if you like high speed offroad. think about why you want the truck and if it will fit your needs.

OP
OP
J

josh141644

Reaction score
if you plan on offroading the truck, get the raptor, plain and simple, you will never get any diesel engine truck to perform the same way in the dirt, if you plan on towing and want a diesel, get an F-250 with the 6.7L, if you want a truck to just drive around town, get a cheaper gas engine truck, you wouldn't be doing yourself any favors owning a diesel truck to drive it like that, diesels are meant to be run under load, all the time, and you'll wear out the engine prematurely if you don't use it, and no, doing burnouts and flooring it all the time do not count as being under load for a diesel engine

Like i said, im not worried about gas mileage. Just really trying to decide between these two

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol, I don't know where I mentioned gas mileage, just talking about the key points you wished to know about, if you want to tow, get an F-250 or 350 with the 6.7L, if you truly want to offroad, get the raptor, if you want an around town truck, you don't need the raptor, and you will wear out any diesel engine truck, so you should get one of the other gas engine trucks, maybe a Harley 6.2L F-150

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of towing will you be doing? If you were to get a Raptor SCrew your capacity would be 8000 lbs. Also take into consideration that the bed on a Raptor is only 5.5 feet long. If these meet what you need.... Get the Raptor. You won't regret it.