Florida Raptor Purchase Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Endless

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Long time browser/First time poster. I have recently been searching for a Raptor in the FL area now that I am financially capable to afford one. Most dealers have them priced in the mid 50's which seems high in my opinion. Is that a reasonable assumption? Also, I noticed 2 (links below) that are in the low 40's which seems odd to me since they have been on the market for atleast a week or so. Is there an issue with these:

https://usaa2.secure.zag.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/1FTFW1R65CFB19976/2012-ford-f-150/

https://usaa2.secure.zag.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/1FTFW1R68CFC90477/2012-ford-f-150/

Thanks for any help ya'll can provide since I am relatively new to this truck.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Take a look inside this thread and look at everything in it. Then it's time to get dirty and get under these trucks. Check everything with a flashlight and look for the warning signs that everyone talks about. Get some idea what they look like and then check back in - maybe with some pictures of questionable items.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/w...-problem-areas-47707/?highlight=buying+raptor

Good luck and keep us updated!!!

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The first link, from OLL, is a place that has hit or miss reviews.

Definitely do a detailed check throughout the truck. Frame, bed, shocks etc ^ that link 2014RubyRed posted for sure. It has been in an accident, and who knows how well the repair was done.

Based off Carfax, the engine oil level was checked twice within two years. Could be nothing, or a headache. Personally, I would pass on it.

The second one has been on the market for quite a bit IIRC. think they originally had the truck in the mid 40's+.
Definitely go down and look at it, once you have read up on some good threads here about buying an used Raptor. They are awesome trucks, but you don't want to get stuck with someones beyond abused truck.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good in your search Endless, you came to the right place for help. A friend of mine bought one a couple of weeks ago, it was white also, one owner, no nav, and 49k. It was a 12. It cost him 41,000. That sale was in Mississippi. Hope that helps a little.

OP
OP
E

Endless

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the information so far!

This weekend I stopped by a dealer to look at a 2012 raptor with ~30K miles on it (link below)

Arcadia, FL 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor CREW PICKUP Used Truck Fort Myers, FL Naples, FL Desoto Automall | P6650 | 1FTFW1R67CFC50598

The truck drove great and didn't see any visible warning signs you guys were talking about in other threads. The only thing that has me concerned is accidents and liens I noticed on the autocheck report (see link below):

Welcome to AutoCheck

I was going to get a CarFax report too but figured I would see what you all had to say first. Currently the dealership is asking ~45K which is better price than most places I've seen but not sure if it's worth it based on the report. I've attached a pic showing the left side of the vehicle that the accident occurred on.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 89
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 96

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price is reflective of the history. You can find a similar truck with a clear carfax for the same price if you're fast enough when one gets posted.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Long time browser/First time poster. I have recently been searching for a Raptor in the FL area now that I am financially capable to afford one. Most dealers have them priced in the mid 50's which seems high in my opinion. Is that a reasonable assumption? Also, I noticed 2 (links below) that are in the low 40's which seems odd to me since they have been on the market for atleast a week or so. Is there an issue with these:

https://usaa2.secure.zag.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/1FTFW1R65CFB19976/2012-ford-f-150/

https://usaa2.secure.zag.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/1FTFW1R68CFC90477/2012-ford-f-150/

That 37k must have been a typo. I think they meant 47. No dealer will ever taken 11k off a fair price lol that's just imo

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That 37k must have been a typo. I think they meant 47. No dealer will ever taken 11k off a fair price lol that's just imo

Maybe, but's 37 and change on multiple sites.

Not sure what made them drop the price so drastically. It was a 42k iirc.

If I wasn't a hour 30+ away, I would look at it for the hell of it

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a member's truck that was just traded in at Coggin Ford Jacksonville. He got 49K for his trade.

2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Pickup Truck with 13K miles & lots of extras.
It was garage kept. I wanted to get a 2nd Raptor, but couldn't swing it.

Used 2012 Ford F-150 For Sale | Jacksonville FL

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 4.33.31 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 4.33.31 PM.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter