Finding one instead of ordering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok, so I've decided to get a Raptor, and realize it's late in the game to be ordering and feel certain how that's going to come out. So, I've made peace with paying a little bit more to get it in my hands without waiting and wondering. The problem is that most dealers in the area (Florida panhandle and lower Alabama) are adding on over MSRP. One is a little more straightforward and not doing that nonsense and I'm ok with their 'out the door' price. Unfortunately, they can't find the spec I want (2014 F-150 SVT Raptor - Build & Price) as being available on whatever network they are checking. I'd even be ok with the same spec in Tuxedo Black, but still no go.

So, my questions (finally). Would the check typically be nationally, regionally, or? And, would it still make sense to order and have much likelihood that I will actually get it, rather than hunting one in somebodies stock? Lastly, how late is typically still ok to cancel an order...for instance, if it popped up in someone's stock I could still cancel before X.

Thanks!

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not too sure about the scope of a dealers search, I think it would be regionally, but like I said, I'm not 100% sure on that.

on the other hand, what you're looking for is exactly what I have ordered (minus the beadlock wheels), which should be at the dealer in the next few weeks! Good luck with your search, I hope you find what you're looking for. I know there are a few around here on lots but from what I've seen they mostly seem to be special editions.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding EXACTLY what you want AND for MSRP or less The thing you're going to have a hard time with is the Bead Locks, camera, moon roof and spray in bedliner all on the same truck, and in Oxford White. I wouldn't worry about the spray in liner In fact, I wouldn't even waste my time wishing for that A Line X is much better than what Ford has put in them after they are built. And the tailgate step is useless IMO and a waste and nothing more that a place for salt and ice to find its way into and rot from the inside out.

How far are you willing to travel- or do I dare ask? lol

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
I considered leaving the bed liner as optional, but I wasn't sure how much of an issue the step would be with having it done with Line X later. If it's not an issue because of the step (I'm really partial to it as we will be using the bed a lot and have no ice/road salt), I have no problem leaving the liner for later. Quite frankly with the wheels, I just really like the look but it may be worth re-evaluating. Tuxedo Black is also fine with me.

Travel is no big deal from Austin to Orlando and up to Lexington, Ky....that's about my radius.

...in your view, what's the single spec that's likely to be the least popular/biggest hangup for finding a match?

Thanks!

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've decided to get a Raptor, and realize it's late in the game to be ordering and feel certain how that's going to come out. So, I've made peace with paying a little bit more to get it in my hands without waiting and wondering. The problem is that most dealers in the area (Florida panhandle and lower Alabama) are adding on over MSRP. One is a little more straightforward and not doing that nonsense and I'm ok with their 'out the door' price. Unfortunately, they can't find the spec I want (2014 F-150 SVT Raptor - Build & Price) as being available on whatever network they are checking. I'd even be ok with the same spec in Tuxedo Black, but still no go.

So, my questions (finally). Would the check typically be nationally, regionally, or? And, would it still make sense to order and have much likelihood that I will actually get it, rather than hunting one in somebodies stock? Lastly, how late is typically still ok to cancel an order...for instance, if it popped up in someone's stock I could still cancel before X.

Thanks!

Not sure if this helps, but check out cars.com. Type in your search criteria and I believe you can find what you're looking for. I did it a few weeks ago, just out of curiosity and I think my search returned about 70 Raptors. It might be worth a look.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most dealers down here in NW Florida are adding $5000-8500 over MSRP. I went to Atlanta and ordered mine for $13k less than from buying in town over here.

I know they had a Black SE on the lot for MSRP last week also. I was also in Goldsboro NC last week and they had a red SE for MSRP too.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
FYI. My local lot has 2 black 2014's and a silver 2013 with very low mileage. Harbin Ford Scottsboro, Alabama

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Baja Jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the tailgate step is useless IMO and a waste and nothing more that a place for salt and ice to find its way into and rot from the inside out.

IMO The tailgate step is the best option on the truck next to air conditioned seats. Drop the step and blow it out with a pressure washer from time to time.
IMHO the most useless option is the moon roof. The tracks prevent a center roof mount antenna and when you get the shiny and rubber sides mixed up you are in for a hellacious glass shower directly followed by rocks, sand or mud depending on where you live.
Jones