Final look over before signing my life away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I looked at a '12 screw raptor on Thursday, it's got 50,000 miles on it. It looks super clean (minus mud on the underbody) me and my brother gave it a general look over and everything seemed peachy. Now I'm going to pick it up next Saturday, could you raptor professionals tell me some things to look over (raptor specific) before I sign the paperwork. Like I mean the most common problem areas etc. thanks for everyone's input :)

Ps. the dealer is faxing me all the service records tomorrow morning

Last edited:

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check over the suspension, look for any dirt or residue build up which could indicate a leaky shock. Other than that i got nothing

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, I looked at a '12 screw raptor on Thursday, it's got 50,000 miles on it. It looks super clean (minus mud on the underbody) me and my brother gave it a general look over and everything seemed peachy. Now I'm going to pick it up next Saturday, could you raptor professionals tell me some things to look over (raptor specific) before I sign the paperwork. Like I mean the most common problem areas etc. thanks for everyone's input :)
Go for the extended warranty.

Check the four wheel drive for IWE issues.

Look at the inside rear cab wall for water marks. Will indicate if the rear third brake light is leaking.

Check the gap between the can and the bed to ensure it is even (bent frame). Which is pretty rare these days.

Look to see that the stock jack is in its location.

Check the spare tire, it should be a matching stock wheel.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

OP
OP
X
Reaction score
Well that's what I've came up with so far so if anyone else has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 112
OP
OP
X
Reaction score
[url=http://www.jubileeford.com/inventory/Used+FORD+F150+RAPTOR+Saskatoon+Saskatchewan+2012+BLACK+394566 and yes it's stock

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks decent. Make sure everything works. diff, 4x4, radio, fm, xm, usb, inline, power seats, windows, orm, trac, etc.