Extended Warranty Thread?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Is there a sticky or massive thread regarding extended warranty pricing? I've seen some very valuable posts from Randy and others on the subject, but nothing compiled into a single location.

I'm going to pick up my Raptor tomorrow and I know before I get the keys that I'll be upsold warranties, maintenance plans, etc.

I'm definitely interested in the extended warranty (probably the longest lifetime warranty Ford has). But, should I buy it on the spot? If so, what's a fair price?

Should I consult with others here after the sale and buy it before the offering period expires?

Any advice or pointers to relevant threads will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know that some (most) dealers try to sell Fidelity warranty (3rd party) because the dealer makes more money on the sales of those vs. the Ford ESP.

I was at my dealer today and the service writer looked up my info for records and was like, "wow, they sold you the premium care?! On a Raptor?!"

She went on to explain what I just said above and then said that the Ford ESP on the Raptor is pretty hard to pull off since replacement cost if something DID go wrong is so high.

I've heard that buying the Ford ESP can be cheaper at the time of purchase rather than waiting before the factory warranty runs out.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, Swoop and Randy. looks like I will be going with the premium care at the high mileage. Looks like most everything is covered under that plan.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As you know, you can buy the Ford ESP after the fact and through other dealers/Internet (Randy etc.). I throw a number out that I was comfortable paying, and reminded them of the above fact. The finance guy sold it to me for that price. Had he not I would have been on the phone with Randy. Good luck!

Bluedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than likely you can get a substantually better price on a Ford ESP from one of the dealerships that specialize in selling them over the internet. I picked up a 7year/60K premiumcare with a $50 deductable for $760. This compares to the $1,180 offered by my dealership for the same ESP.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow great info. THanks again! I'm 2 hours and 45 minutes away from picking up my baby...errr...I mean brute! I'll be sure to listen to their offers, counter like I know half of what I'm talking about and go from there...

I have a feeling Randy or one of the recommended online dealers will be getting my business. But, I have to say, this dealership has been incredible to work with...being remote and all.

More to come later.

Thanks again,
matt