extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello, i am about to purchase a 2011 raptor and am very excited. my dealership offered me a total care plan for $895, 5 yr 50,000 mikes , it covers paint, dings, dents, rims, tires and interior rips, what do you guys think. is it a scam or a good plan.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If u have a lot of land mines around might make sense, otherwise when was the last time you busted a rim, tire, or rip up your interior? Dents would need to be a lot to make up for the $900. Perhaps if u ex if still mad at you and owns a sledgehammer...:Grenade:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hell, I'd read the fine print and see what exactly is covered. Probably manufacturer defect, or they're extending the manufacturer warranty from the normal 3/36 bumper-to-bumper.

I extended both the bumper-to-bumper and powertrain to 7/100,000 with the Ford PremiumCare.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey what did that cost? Did u have to do it on the spot or did u get time to think about it?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did mine on the spot as it's cheaper the day I bought the truck -- but you have up until the 3/36,000 to extend the factory warranty. I bought my extended warranty on A-Plan along with the truck and it cost me $1,200 or something like that. I forget.