Ebay Purchases

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickxxx82

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone! I'm so glad I stumbled across the forum while I was drooling over raptor photos online! There's literally days worth of reading material on here regarding my (hopefully soon to be) dream truck. Anyways, working as a maintenance supervisor for the airlines gives me perks not usually available to most other people. I've been blessed with the privilege of flying anywhere in the world for free on several major carriers. Hopefully this will allow me to find the absolute best deal nationwide, regardless of the region. I've found several different websites selling the raptors (cars.com, autotrader, and of course Ebay). I've used Edmonds to price compare the listed prices with what the trucks are actually worth, and Ebay seems to mostly come out on top regarding their "buy it now " prices. Im guessing taxes, titles and other fees aren't included. Several of these trucks are in texas such as this one. Is making an offer on one of these trucks off of ebay something that is smart, or should i stick with cars.com, autotrader, and truecar? Thanks everyone! This is one of the possible buys I'm looking at. Ford F 150 SVT Raptor Crew 6 2L 4x4 Sunroof Nav | eBay

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone! I'm so glad I stumbled across the forum while I was drooling over raptor photos online! There's literally days worth of reading material on here regarding my (hopefully soon to be) dream truck. Anyways, working as a maintenance supervisor for the airlines gives me perks not usually available to most other people. I've been blessed with the privilege of flying anywhere in the world for free on several major carriers. Hopefully this will allow me to find the absolute best deal nationwide, regardless of the region. I've found several different websites selling the raptors (cars.com, autotrader, and of course Ebay). I've used Edmonds to price compare the listed prices with what the trucks are actually worth, and Ebay seems to mostly come out on top regarding their "buy it now " prices. Im guessing taxes, titles and other fees aren't included. Several of these trucks are in texas such as this one. Is making an offer on one of these trucks off of ebay something that is smart, or should i stick with cars.com, autotrader, and truecar? Thanks everyone! This is one of the possible buys I'm looking at. Ford F 150 SVT Raptor Crew 6 2L 4x4 Sunroof Nav | eBay

Typically buying something from ebay is pretty safe IF it's an experienced seller which is the case with the example you provided.

I also noticed the condition is listed as "Certified Pre Owned" which mitigates the risk of finding something major wrong once you get it home. You may want to call your local Ford service dept and see if they can confirm the status of the CPO so you know how many months/miles are remaining.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I purchased my Raptor just a few months ago and went through the same type of research you did. In the end the one I purchased was listed on autotrader. I know typically autotrader is high, but this was dealer listed about three hours from me. I was able to go and physically look at it and make the deal. I used my knowledge from all those sites along with their offer. If there is a reserve on eBay, then you know they can come down even more. I agree with High Horn. Look at all the paperwork and history if possible. One thing that was told to me along time ago, NEVER,NEVER buy a vehicle sight unseen. BTW: Thank you for what you do. As a professional pilot I know you are in a thankless job keeping our butts safe

socal2ks

Reaction score
I found my raptor on ebay, and it was in texas.

This truck had 15,000 miles and was in great shape. I put a refundable deposit down, test drove it for about a half an hour by myself.

The best part of the deal was trading in my 2013 Ram 3500 CTD, they shot me a really fair price for trade-in with just using pictures.

I see that the raptor prices have gone up! But they do have a Red one 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 4X4 SUNROOF,NAV,F&R CAM,HTD/COOL LTH,16K,WE FINANCE Carrollton, Texas | Texas Vehicle Exchange

Taxes are paid when you tag it in your state. Usually.

Last edited:

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not find a truck here? Go to classifieds...

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bought my second one from eBay. Had to wait out the auction and all. Back in 2012 I bought a 2010 40th Anniversary 370Z off eBay. It was all done outside of the listing but that's how I found it. Lots of fact checking, car fax, owner backgrounds, etc went into it though.

Contact us today for the incredible Rogue Racing New Year's front bumper specials!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

2fast455

Reaction score
I almost purchased a Whippled 2010 Raptor sight unseen last week.Had deal negotiated over phone, financing and shipping all worked out. Last minute figured might as well go down and pick it up and drive it home. Test drive lasted about 10 minutes before motor locked up.

OP
OP
N

Nickxxx82

Reaction score
Wow, that's awful. Glad you followed your gut on that one. It's such a large purchase, I'll most definitely get my hands on it first. Thanks for the heads up