Discouraged?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ninjanick

Reaction score
I've probably contacted 100 sales reps at various dealers around the United States with lack luster results to purchase a 2017 Raptor at MSRP. That started me down the road of looking at 2017 Lariats or a G1 Raptor. If I really think about these trucks, I do really like the twin panel roof and 10 spd. Is that really enough to justify an $85K truck? I'm sure most members would be biased, but would anyone choose a 2017 Lariat over a G1 Raptor?

D

Deleted member 12951

I would not. They are just trying to keep you and get you to buy something to not lose the potential sale, as ****** as they are. And $85k is too much, a fully decked out Gen2 should be around $70k

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be patient, first of all. You will find the right deal. Also the choice between a Lariat and GEN1 Raptor.....there is nothing to think about. You want to blend with everybody else go Lariat.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give Risor Ford in Hot Springs AR a call. Yea they tacked on 10k over MSRP, I walked. They called me 3 days later asking would I come deal at MSRP. Good Luck and hang in there, as they say above nothing compares to a Raptor. Don't disappoint yourself and buy something else.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be patient. I had a worse problem trying to buy my 2011 GEN1. I went to six different dealerships in as many different cities, and I was astounded at the attitude. One salesman said, "We've never had one of those," referring to a Raptor. Another salesman dismissed my interest in a Raptor and said, "What will you settle for?" No kidding. He thought I'd spend over $40K of my hard earned money on something I actually didn't want. But I finally found a new kid at a dealership just across the state line and he made it happen. So keep plugging. If it was easy, anybody could do it!

falconpilot

Reaction score
Call landers Ford in Benton, AR. I know that they have a Avalance coming in May that isn't spoken for and a Lightning Blue coming in June that I had my name on..but since I bought the Rudy Red one, I know the Blue will be available at MSRP..I'll be going by tomorrow to let them know that I've already bought..

1mbrews8

Reaction score
Call landers Ford in Benton, AR. I know that they have a Avalance coming in May that isn't spoken for and a Lightning Blue coming in June that I had my name on..but since I bought the Rudy Red one, I know the Blue will be available at MSRP..I'll be going by tomorrow to let them know that I've already bought..

What are options on blue one? Thx!

OP
OP
N

ninjanick

Reaction score
I did find a dealer in SoCal willing to sell at sticker, but they don't have any 2017 Raptors on the lot. Contact Jerry Miller at Penske Ford in La Mesa. I'm actually going to see a nice Gen 1 tomorrow. Wish me luck!