Deciding Between Two different Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cuylertech

Reaction score
Decided I wanted a truck back in december since I moved back to new england, and my dumb a** self decided a 2015 Cummins Dually Megacab was a good idea. Starbucks jokes aside, Cant fit through the bank drive through or Dunks, Decided I wanted to get something more "sensible". Im looking at two different raptors right now and was just wondering which seems to be the better "deal" of sorts. I dont have a problem paying for either, but if im not gaining much from buying the more expensive one; thats more money for parts. Thanks for the help!

2011: $31,800 / 86,433 Miles / Luxury + Plus + Moonroof
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/728674291/overview/

2014: $42,890 / 40,008 / 801A +Moonroof + Tailgate Step + F/R Cameras
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/727220954/overview/

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Moon roof does nothing for me, except make me consciously use it because I paid for it. If an order without ADM would have been locally achievable I’d have not gotten it but, if you’re into them, like seeing some sky above you while you drive, etc, ok.

The big diff. I see is half the miles on the more spendy truck and seemingly more appointed truck. If you’re going to actually do truck stuff, the tail gate step is worth it.

If you’re going in on a legit off road project truck, then you could go cheap and MOD, MOD, MOD. If you’re going to do any regular usage, I’d lean towards the truck with lower miles.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .02 cents worth, but I'd go for the newer truck with under half the mileage...you might even still be able to get an extended warranty on the lower mileage truck. Good luck and post pics when you make the purchase!!

Adam Ratatat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .02 cents worth, but I'd go for the newer truck with under half the mileage...you might even still be able to get an extended warranty on the lower mileage truck. Good luck and post pics when you make the purchase!!

I agree, I added an EVP from USAA on a 50K mileage truck. 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. Cant wait to see pics, Good luck with the purchase!

Waddy

Reaction score
Go with the newer truck, not because the miles are lower but because it's newer and you said money isn't an issue. HIDs, Sync, 3 years younger......that said 43k is pretty steep IMO.

You could get a 2013 for about the same as that 2011, I got my 2013 with 91k a week ago for 32k. So just saying, you don't have to go so old to get a Raptor in the low 30s.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Moon roof does nothing for me, except make me consciously use it because I paid for it. If an order without ADM would have been locally achievable I’d have not gotten it but, if you’re into them, like seeing some sky above you while you drive, etc, ok.

The big diff. I see is half the miles on the more spendy truck and seemingly more appointed truck. If you’re going to actually do truck stuff, the tail gate step is worth it.

If you’re going in on a legit off road project truck, then you could go cheap and MOD, MOD, MOD. If you’re going to do any regular usage, I’d lean towards the truck with lower miles.

I concur.

Reaction score
I wouldn't get either, just because they're both New England vehicles. But, that's probably not an option for you. Of the two, I would likely go with the '14 due to the remaining factory warranty and newer features. However, out of boredom I pulled their Carfaxes, and it is worth pointing out that the '11 is a one-owner and had its power steering pump replaced three years ago at 45k miles and got new front brakes a year ago at 74k miles. Of the two vehicles, it seems to have been serviced the best.

OP
OP
C

Cuylertech

Reaction score
So I went and looked at the 2011 on Saturday. Needless to say, I would advise anyone in NE looking for a raptor; STAY AWAY. I got there and the truck was on a lift being serviced, They let me walk around it and look at the underside and it was a mess. Every shock was rusted and leaking, Dents on the back of the cab that were easily visible, and it was getting " all new brakes" and new suspension on the front right. I spotted a fender out of the corner of my eye in the bay next to it and if my assumptions are correct someone took it out for some fun or a test drive and hit something in the front right.

dhawks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate that the 2011 didn't work out. I was in your position and went with the newer/lower mileage option and didn't regret it. (Although I will probably put it up for sale soon simply because life is changing.)