Dealer just told me that their ADM is $15k above MSRP...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Hey,

I thought some of you may find this entertaining...

A salesperson from Grapevine Ford (Texas) called me regarding a 2018 Raptor I inquired about. He told me that raptor is a premium product and the mark-up is $15,000 above sticker...he did indicate there is A LOT of flexibility with that though :biggrin:

Just a little crazy....

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell him to go **** himself

That's what I said to a couple dealers

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

A salesperson from Grapevine Ford (Texas) called me regarding a 2018 Raptor I inquired about. He told me that raptor is a premium product and the mark-up is $15,000 above sticker...he did indicate there is A LOT of flexibility with that though :biggrin:

Just a little crazy....

Man what a starting point 15k over! Truth be told in Texas it is hard to get one off of a lot at MSRP. I've seen a few people get one in Midland, but Austin, Houston, Dallas dealers all seem to be selling theirs on the lot for some kind of ADM. I had to order mine to get it at MSRP.

nathin93

Reaction score
Hold out and find a dealer that'll sell at MSRP. Like davidl81 said, I've heard of a few in Midland at MSRP. Don't look in Lubbock, Gene Messer here had 20k markup last time I looked.

JTK

Reaction score
I had to go 100 miles south of Dallas to get my truck. Seems like every dealer in Dallas is at least $5k- $10K over MSRP. However, there are plenty of small dealerships in Texas that will deal!

CIB2007

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hold out and find a dealer that'll sell at MSRP. Like davidl81 said, I've heard of a few in Midland at MSRP. Don't look in Lubbock, Gene Messer here had 20k markup last time I looked.

Amarillo is 10k, Lubbock is still around 15-20k. Gene Messer is a crook. They screwed me over on two 2017 orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just a little crazy....

If you "have a guy" you can order one at MSRP here in DFW. I've bought 3 new vehicles from the same salesman at the same dealer - and he told me last Friday that I could order one out of their next allocation for sticker. I may hold out for invoice + 1k - still working that angle. With higher production numbers, you're going to see prices dipping as they start sitting on the lots. I saw 6 at five star Plano all duded up with Roush drippings - and two others on the lot.

A quick search within a 50 mile radius of my zip code in Carrollton brings up over 200 Raptors... I'm gonna exercise some patience and wait.... Who knows, New Years Eve has always been a good day to buy a vehicle for me

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealer in West Texas gets calls all the time from other dealers offering to buy their Raptors for 5k over MSRP so someone must be buying them. FWIW they list theirs for 5k over msrp but will deal.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
North Carolina you can find them at msrp easy now. They will have a mark up on them but just say you will buy today for msrp and they will sell. I got mine and know 4 others that got theirs for msrp also. Nobody anywhere should pay ADM on this vehicle again

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
North Carolina you can find them at msrp easy now. They will have a mark up on them but just say you will buy today for msrp and they will sell. I got mine and know 4 others that got theirs for msrp also. Nobody anywhere should pay ADM on this vehicle again

Same vehicle, different market. More Raptors are sold in Texas than any other state. Trucks in general for that matter. Yes as more are made to meed demand prices will drop but in the meat time their still selling strong