Dealer honoring $2k under sticker online screwup, but.....should I?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the above remarks are correct, hides dirt better, looks great with added decals/graphics, wrapping sounds like a great option, and it stays cooler, (I can't even touch my black raptor in the Florida sun).
I wouldn't have the Ford dealer do the spray-in bed lining...go with something like Line-X.
Personally however, I don't think you'll see that deal happen. Too good to be true. I bet the dealer comes up with some excuse, like "Oh, another dealer got this allocation", or something like that. I'd get there the day the car carrier is due to arrive, and camp out waiting for it to arrive at the dealership. Then climb into it before it's taken off the carrier.
If you really decide you don't want it, get a car trailer and haul it to California and get the $20K markup, with a stop in Vegas on the way back.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
White was my 3rd choice but right options, right price, at the right time so I pulled the trigger.

And I'm glad I did. I was never a white guy, but I have really come to appreciate the way it makes the bodywork pop. Easiest vehicle to keep clean. In 6 months all I've done is rinse it off periodically. Dust, water spots, swirls, and scratches are a thing of the past.

White is not the most exciting or toughest color, but it looks really sharp, especially with the dark trim and black beadlock wheels.

OP
OP
paulny

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the above remarks are correct, hides dirt better, looks great with added decals/graphics, wrapping sounds like a great option, and it stays cooler, (I can't even touch my black raptor in the Florida sun).
I wouldn't have the Ford dealer do the spray-in bed lining...go with something like Line-X.
Personally however, I don't think you'll see that deal happen. Too good to be true. I bet the dealer comes up with some excuse, like "Oh, another dealer got this allocation", or something like that. I'd get there the day the car carrier is due to arrive, and camp out waiting for it to arrive at the dealership. Then climb into it before it's taken off the carrier.
If you really decide you don't want it, get a car trailer and haul it to California and get the $20K markup, with a stop in Vegas on the way back.

12 years in the Army made me OCD, so before I put down a deposit, I had the dealer sign the buyers agreement and I signed it as well. It's a done deal, I can assure you. Honestly, I don't even think $2k under sticker is a great deal, but apparently it is based on the market out west. Line-X is the only way to go and thankfully that is who they use. Oh, I will def camp out waiting for it to come off the truck. My salesman already understands how **** I am :)