Dad promised me a Raptor if I got accepted to the Air Force Academy; here I am

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowes

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking into my options for a Raptor and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I've done quite a bit of research on the specs, but there's still a lot of unknowns that only come with ownership. I would honestly be happy with any year model, I'm just hesitant as to what issues may arise from purchasing a used model (how much off-roading, abuse, etc). Do you have any advice? Recommended year models? Websites for more info?

Thanks!:

D

Deleted member 12951

Welcome! I am not sure I would have put that info about how you are getting it in the subject, some things are better left unsaid. You are probably going to get some unleashed comments so be prepared.

The resale on used is pretty high since these retain it so might just look at new if your dad can swing it.

blbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulation on both accounts.
You have Dad that thinks very highly of you, good luck with your future.
Enjoy your ride/Raptor.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, your dad is great. When I joined the Marine Corps my father offered me ownership in his business to stay out of the Military. But being a military pilot is like 100x more rewarding, but less lucrative. BTW if you do go into the Academy don't tell people your dad bought you that truck.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I am not sure I would have put that info about how you are getting it in the subject, some things are better left unsaid. You are probably going to get some unleashed comments so be prepared.

The resale on used is pretty high since these retain it so might just look at new if your dad can swing it.

Anyone that attacks him for getting it for that reason is a bonehead and should be driving a Toyota Corolla.

Incidentally, I have a friend whose son graduated from the Air Force Academy, and he is a terrific man. He also managed to graduate number one in his class, so that helps.