Concerns about high mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuzzy Dice

Reaction score
128,700 here, only relatively minor problems for me:

-Sunroof had a piece of the guide break, locked it in place and no leaks.
-AC Blend door on passenger side went out (Not an easy task to replace, but $35 or so for the part)
-Broken wire on the plug for one of my fuel injectors (10 min fix)

Basically nothing I've had to put big money into. Sunroof took me about 8-10 hours on a saturday to take apart and lock into place. AC Blend doors were about a 4.5 hour job with a buddy helping me pull the dash. The wire was just simply buying a new electrical connector and soldering it in.

I beat on mine pretty hard and I've got to say, they're pretty solid trucks.

Off topic but if you want your sunroof to function again rather than just locking it down check out the kit from Sunroof Doctor. Lots of 2010's have the plastic crap in the tracks break. Install of the kit was pretty slick in my 2010 and it's not expensive, IIRC it's like $125? Definitely less than the $1000-$1500 I've seen quoted to have the sunroof assembly replaced by Ford.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Off topic but if you want your sunroof to function again rather than just locking it down check out the kit from Sunroof Doctor. Lots of 2010's have the plastic crap in the tracks break. Install of the kit was pretty slick in my 2010 and it's not expensive, IIRC it's like $125? Definitely less than the $1000-$1500 I've seen quoted to have the sunroof assembly replaced by Ford.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up on that. They want $119 for the kit. definitely a lot better than the alternative. I'll just have to work up to removing that thing again by myself. That was a nightmare last time.