Concerns about high mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

p3rs1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about adding a raptor back to my stable. Would be the third raptor I've owned. Any major concerns that are common to the raptor over 100k miles?
Obviously avoiding any with accidents. Looking at 2011/2012.

Thanks!

Workman

Reaction score
I have a 2011 with about 128k. Ill be taking it about 1500 miles round trip including a day or two beating on it in the dunes in a few days, and Im not worried.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
128,700 here, only relatively minor problems for me:

-Sunroof had a piece of the guide break, locked it in place and no leaks.
-AC Blend door on passenger side went out (Not an easy task to replace, but $35 or so for the part)
-Broken wire on the plug for one of my fuel injectors (10 min fix)

Basically nothing I've had to put big money into. Sunroof took me about 8-10 hours on a saturday to take apart and lock into place. AC Blend doors were about a 4.5 hour job with a buddy helping me pull the dash. The wire was just simply buying a new electrical connector and soldering it in.

I beat on mine pretty hard and I've got to say, they're pretty solid trucks.

OP
OP
p3rs1st

p3rs1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks everyone... My 3rd Raptor is on the way :). 2012 Screw, Ingot Silver, little over 100k. Excited as the first two!! It's always a great feeling when you get reacquainted with how powerful they are to drive. I know when you drive one daily you tend to forget just how much nicer it is over lesser trucks.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
thanks everyone... My 3rd Raptor is on the way :). 2012 Screw, Ingot Silver, little over 100k. Excited as the first two!! It's always a great feeling when you get reacquainted with how powerful they are to drive. I know when you drive one daily you tend to forget just how much nicer it is over lesser trucks.

My commuter car is a little Eclipse convertible, so the Raptor usually is on weekend duty for me, every once in awhile I'll drive the Raptor to work and my first thought is "Oh THIS is why I bought this thing!" It's just so much nicer to drive.