Car person looking at 2011 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are the main additions that the 13/14s have over the previous years? I honestly don't need anything crazy as long as it's a reliable solid truck. Vented / cooled seats would be nice but not a necessity.

I honestly sell my car(s) every two to three years depending on depreciation rates so a bit "older" one in great shape with very low miles for its year is an attractive move at this point.

i may miss some stuff.

updated interior, sync2, projector headlights, updated rear frame, torsion front diff.

you will also get any fixes from the years prior on the 13/14 depending on build dates. stupid small stuff, blend door broken but they updated in late 12 ect you get it.

OP
OP
J

Jkysh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i may miss some stuff.

updated interior, sync2, projector headlights, updated rear frame, torsion front diff.

you will also get any fixes from the years prior on the 13/14 depending on build dates. stupid small stuff, blend door broken but they updated in late 12 ect you get it.

Are there major improvements in sync2? Also the truck I am looking at has projectors, do I assume they are not xenons and are halogen bulbs in them??

Not familiar with the rear frame improvements but don't think too necessary for my use driving back and forth to work and the occasional trip up north, I am pretty gentle on things. I'll look into the front torsion diff, haven't come across that in my research yet

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ive used all of them and i would say 2 is a major improvement over 1. and 3 is a decent improvement over 2.

oh and front facing camera, that i kinda scoffed at when i got it. ive used it every time ive been offroad with it lol.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are these that bulletproof? I daily a 99 4Runner now and am looking for essentially a pavement princess that I can thrash around when I am up north.

Anything in particular to look at??

If it's clean, not beat, @ your 3K miles/yr you will only be at 90,000 miles and about the end of your second set of tires. Almost anything will go 90,000 miles without a problem.