Buying a New Vs. Used Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco75

Reaction score
Hi All!

I am in the market to buy my first Raptor. I am noticing the resale value on Raptor's are pretty good...almost to the point where I think it might be stupid to buy a used one...assuming I can get a sticker price on a new one...I refuse to pay over sticker for anything.

Are there any issues with the 2010's and 2011's I need to be aware of? I have done minimal research...and it appears the largest difference are the HID's on the 2012's. I try to stay away from 1st year runs of new vehicles, so I am a little hesitant to get into a 2010.

Any input is much appreciated as I know you guys all have the answers!

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
10's are solid, haven't heard much problems at all, but like you said, they hold their value so well, why not buy new?? Unless you are going for something specific like a 5.4 or Molten Orange. 13's are the ones with the HIDs not the 12's. If you don't mind a wait, check out WyoStorms Dealers selling at Invoice thread. Buying one off the lot will make it harder to get that great deal, but its been done. Good luck

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Go with new. You can get a new one at invoice for about what you can find a good used one at.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely new for a number of reasons. 1, you dont know how the truck was driven. Was it taken off road a lot? Was it jumped? I'd rather not deal with someone elses problem. And 2, the prices of Raptors have held up so good, that some dealers are asking for new truck prices for their used trucks! I'd rather spend the extra $2K or so and get a new one over a year old truck with unknown problems.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Id get a new one, I honestly haven't looked at the trade in value for my raptor. Never thought about selling it but really happy to hear that they havent taken a huge plunge!

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking to buy one in January, the prices I was seeing were 2011-2012's with 20k miles for $48-50k..... that's Invoice on well equipped brand new one!

Ended up ordering a new one. There's a good thread with a list of dealers who are selling at or near invoice. At the time there were none listed on that thread in my area, so I went to all the local dealers websites and requested quotes. They all responded with MSRP of course. Once I had the sales persons email I replied that I wanted invoice +$500, and was able to find 3 different local dealers willing to make that deal.

Of course I didn't mention the downside, which is that I still don't have the truck but it's getting built in 2 weeks!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
used raptors are worth way more then new one's all the bugs are shook out, jumped out, ran out, spun out, and thrown out have fun.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Used--not on your life!

Puh-leez!

I'd buy a used Raptor in a heartbeat.

You can get one with a warranty and save a lot of money so why the F not?!

For example, my Raptor has an extended warranty and I just got it detailed and it looks brand new with 42,000 miles on it. :big_banana_Dance: