Buying a Canadian truck...concerns?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hh65flyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a one owner truck that was sold new in Canada. Truck is now in WA state. It's Ford certified and at a dealer.

On the window sticker it says "This veh not intended for sale or registration in US." Problem? Speedo and everything metric? I know you can toggle the digital stuff between metric and US.

My local dealer has warned me against Canadian trucks and trucks from N. Dakota as they are often used/abused on the oil fields.

Also, as the Canadian dollar has weakened, they are seeing a lot of Raptors at auction.

Any thoughts or experiences to share on the topic? Thanks.

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, living in the heart of Oil Country in Alberta, I ask every guy that parks his Raptor in front of my store where he off roads? Answer: Oh, I don't take my Raptor Off Road! Really?? drives me nuts... and 90% of these guys work in the oil patch.

Also, any truck used in the oil patch is not typically a personal vehicle ( except for one crazy guy I know :) ...ntm..) they are company vehicles, and companies do not buy Raptors for their employees to beat on....jmho :)

Good Luck!

OP
OP
hh65flyer

hh65flyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck was bought and registered in Kelowna according to CarFax. Not exactly the heart of oil country right? :-O

GSI, any differences in Can/US Raptors?

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right!!

Not much difference between the two other that what you mentioned.. If I remember correctly, we don't have all the option pkgs like in the states...ours come pretty much loaded. I think sunroof and decals and blue seats were an option, otherwise everything was included.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wHAT DEALERSHIP?

The Canadian version might have lesser exhaust regulations or the lights might be made from different material. Other than that, the trucks are pretty much identical.

OP
OP
hh65flyer

hh65flyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one seems to have everything you mentioned (graphics, etc) except the tonneau cover and bed extender thingy...

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

18.5 L/100 KM City. 12.8 L/100 KM Highway.

Wendle Motors, Spokane.