Buyer in SOCAL - NEED Advice on which Options Packages, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7raptor

Reaction score
Hi there!

New Buyer in SOCAL

I'm planning to purchase a 2014 Terrain SCREW.

Need to know if there are any options to definitely get or avoid.

Using the truck for skiing and fishing in the eastern sierra.

Please share your thoughts on:

Ford spray in bedliner vs aftermarket brand?

Ford folding tonneau cover vs aftermarket brand?

Snow and cold weather performance?

Warranty/maintenance programs or packages that are worthwhile?

Great dealers/worst dealers?

memheli

Reaction score
I've got a buddy that had the factory spray in liner. It's to slick. He complains about things sliding around all the time.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aftermarket liner go line-x, and lost people prefer the aftermarket bed covers like the retrax and roll-x. If you want the extended warranty, but it online through the links provided here, you will pay about 40-50% less

OP
OP
7raptor

7raptor

Reaction score
Aftermarket liner go line-x, and lost people prefer the aftermarket bed covers like the retrax and roll-x. If you want the extended warranty, but it online through the links provided here, you will pay about 40-50% less

Is it a ford warranty or a different company?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I've got a buddy that had the factory spray in liner. It's to slick. He complains about things sliding around all the time.

Guess it's line-x?

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any raptor you find out there is going to be fully loaded. And that's the way you want it anyway imo. I wouldn't waste my money on an extended warranty. The only maintainance needed is keep your fluids changed when needed. Tires when needed. Just drive and enjoy.

OP
OP
7raptor

7raptor

Reaction score
Any raptor you find out there is going to be fully loaded. And that's the way you want it anyway imo. I wouldn't waste my money on an extended warranty. The only maintainance needed is keep your fluids changed when needed. Tires when needed. Just drive and enjoy.

Do you mean I won't be able to find a truck without a sunroof? Doesn't make sense to have a truck that goes off road with a sunroof...

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you mean I won't be able to find a truck without a sunroof? Doesn't make sense to have a truck that goes off road with a sunroof...

I doubt it, you might find one on the lot, but you can't order a Raptor, they are out of production. Most dealer orders will be fully loaded, unless it was a customer ordered and they backed out. I wouldn't wait too long, but there will always be used ones out there pretty much anyway you want.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya everything's loaded. Shoot most down here have factory spray in Bedliner. I had no choice on mine :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
7raptor

7raptor

Reaction score
Ya everything's loaded. Shoot most down here have factory spray in Bedliner. I had no choice on mine :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do all the Screws have moon roofs?

I can probably live with that, I definitely detest the idea of the "tailgate step" - just another place for rust to develop between the tailgate and plastic liner.