Best way to acquire a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Best to use the credit card and pay it down, then increase the limit as much as possible. This will make your credit score much higher since it shows that you are responsible with credit. Having a higher credit limit also helps your score because it shows your credit utilization is low. For example if you had 750 dollars balance on your card with a $1000 balance your at 75% which is pretty high revolving credit. But if your limit is $10,000 than its only 7.5%.

True, but depending in your age and income they could consider higher limits, high risk.... When I was selling motorcycles I've seen banks deny people based on too high of limits. That was before the bankruptcy laws changed though, could be different now.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First, to build credit you will need to show that you have the means to pay your debts off. That means that if you do get a credit card, you will need to use it. If you take out a loan, you pay more than just the minimum due each month. If you rent or have a mortgage, you are not behind on the payments. Having a credit card and not using it is not enough.

Also, like RaptorWifey said, having too much credit available is also a bad thing. Say you have 5 credit cards each with $5,000 available credit on them. Now, you finally get your $50k Raptor and want to go with RPG's stage 4 suspension kit, and maybe lights. Wait, now you need new wheels and tires...

I could go on, and on. My point is, it's important to dream big but, act responsibly, save your money. Buy used until you can pay in cash for your Raptor (I'm not saying to pay in full, just be able to). Live within your means, pay your bills and save for the future.

Did I say save your money? Good luck.

EternalChampion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a year or two old Honda Accord...put away every extra dime you can. Wait 4 years...then start looking again. There will be something later and greater, there always is.

Then when you start shopping around, remember how good it feels to have a paid off, reliable vehicle with extra money in your pocket to do the things that really matter in life.

I love my Raptor, but I was in your shoes once.

Clocked92

Reaction score
I am kind of in the same position as OP here. I want a Raptor but not sure how to go about doing it. I am starting work as a civil engineering technologist soon because I just finished my degree. I've had a credit card and a loan for a bit now and have always made payments right away and even put down some extra money on the loan when I can.

What kind of advice can I get in this situation. Thanks

PS... Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am kind of in the same position as OP here. I want a Raptor but not sure how to go about doing it. I am starting work as a civil engineering technologist soon because I just finished my degree. I've had a credit card and a loan for a bit now and have always made payments right away and even put down some extra money on the loan when I can.

What kind of advice can I get in this situation. Thanks

PS... Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread.

Work your ass off to get ahead, pay your dues, save save save! If that fails get yourself a sugar mamma!

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
haha, what a smart ass.

its hard to say. 4 years from now is a long time to wait. especially since rumors are traveling that 2014 could be the last year of the v8 raptor. government regulations are changing in 2015 and vehicle manufacturers have to change a few things. 4 years from now it might be hard to find a 6.2 raptor. im just speculating though.

When they take the 6.2 out of the Raptor that will be the end for me unless there is a 6.4 that replaces it---there is not replacement for displacement. In a N/A engine and in these trucks imho they need to have one the N/A is a must.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you build your credit score, just remember, when you test drive a vehicle and hand the dealer your driver's license, they will preform a "hard pull" to your credit.

Test drive 5 or 6 vehicles and your score could be adversely effected.

Make sure you tell the dealer when you hand them your license not to pull your credit soft or hard pull...