Best way to acquire a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Unless you have a huge downpayment, and have a credit score above 700...don't bother. It is not worth getting deep in debt for a Raptor.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a nurse. I make bank. Oh wait, for this kid...you're 19. Go back to school so you don't have to break your back for the rest of your life doing construction. And so you can make bank like me. I'm just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stealing one is about the only option, but, and a big but, you would be hiding for the rest of your life from the real owner!!

j/k - that's the worst thing you could do!! Work hard and keep your job for a couple of years. Save every penny and then look for a used Raptor.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
When I was 19 my list of "dream garage" cars was long. Now I wouldn't buy any of them. Things change, cars get better and you'll make more money. Don't rush into things. And don't be a fool, wrap your tool! 18 years of child support could buy one hell of a dream garage!!

hardHat

Reaction score
heres how i did it.

"what is the best way for me personally to get one?"

buy one. if you happen to be in VA, a guy there rents his for like $50.

"A loan?" (I have no credit)"

building credit is easier than what people make it out to be. in less than four years you WILL have enough credit to buy it. all you have to do is do as i did and start using your credit NOW.

however do NOT buy things out of your budget. just buy things you normally buy. like gas, groceries, tires, shoes, clothes, etc..... for example, if you have $100 in your pocket and need to buy $100 work boots, pay with your credit card go home and make the payment. you have a few days to make the payment without paying any interest.

you build credit by demonstrating you can borrow money and pay it back. the only way to demonstrate it is by borrowing money and paying it back. the more you do it the better.

think about it. if you do what raptor wifey said above, in four years the ford dealership is gonna ask if you have any credit and your gonna sound like patrick from sponge bob when you say - uh i got a credit card 4 yrs ago but never used it uh?

so, next time you're at walmart, get their card and charge it. old navy, charge it. the gas pump, charge it. target, charge it. a hammer for work, charge it, an oil change, charge it, a video game, charge the sob. get the picture? basically get a credit card everywhere and anywhere and charge it. and get a visa, mastercard, discover, amex, get all of them and use them consistently and wisely.

also ask your bank for a small loan. hold the $ for a few days then pay it off. or make the monthly payments. paying it off is good but making payments is better. you get more points on your credit score that way but it will cost you $ in interest.

just be sure to stay in your budget as if you were paying cash because your gonna go home and make the payment right away.

"a lease?"

not sure if dealers lease it. but if it is leased, thats what i would do. you always have the option to buy at the end of the lease anyway.

"Buying used?"

personally i would drive the raptor the way it was meant to be driven. having said that, i would not buy a used raptor from me.

if you are yearning to offroad, go to a car rental place. i rented a jeep wrangler recently. and since it was a rental i drove it to kingdom come. i mean i drove the hell out of it. i drove it like someone said to me - heres a jeep, try to make it fall apart. and boy did i try. the seat belts kept us in our seats.

-Thanks In Advance[/QUOTE]

no prob. funny how you cant ask a simple question without everyone responding with their opinions and start giving life lectures haha.

Cifyacan

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum site, but I figured this would be the best place to ask this. I'm 19 and the ford raptor was always apart of my "dream garage" and now that I just got a new job in construction I need a solid truck (of course I could buy a used 2006 Chevy silverado but why not go big or go home) and I made a vow to my self after I got the job that I would own a raptor within 4 years. My question is what is the best way for me personally to get one? A loan? (I have no credit) a lease? Buying used? I don't know help me out guys I wanna sling some dirt with you all

-Thanks In Advance

My suggestion would be to find a good regular truck at an awesome price. Get a loan, you may need a consigned, so you can establish your credit. Pay it down as fast as you can but make sure u make at least 12 months payments and get a credit card in between to just use for gas. If you can pay the truck down fast then you have some equity to put into another vehicle or a raptor. I'm a banker and I am at a $500/ mth payment which is comfortable , $900 a month payment on a car is nuts.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to find a good regular truck at an awesome price. Get a loan, you may need a consigned, so you can establish your credit. Pay it down as fast as you can but make sure u make at least 12 months payments and get a credit card in between to just use for gas. If you can pay the truck down fast then you have some equity to put into another vehicle or a raptor. I'm a banker and I am at a $500/ mth payment which is comfortable , $900 a month payment on a car is nuts.

What about $860, zero down, 1.9%? I'm happy with that!!!! Very happy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First of all, if you're working construction then maybe a Raptor isn't the truck for you... depends though, are you a government employee using their equipment and just using the Raptor to commute/fun, or are you planning on using the truck to haul, tow, etc? It can be done with a Raptor, but its not the most comfortable/ideal situation.

Second, you have no credit and just got a decent job... maybe instead of spending every cent of your hard earned money for the next 3 years, you start work and see how things shake out. Again, what kind of job, guaranteed hours, or if things slow down they cut you? Can you handle a $900 a month payment, not including gas, insurance, and maintenance? (probably a low guess at loan amount with no money down extended years, etc... we pay $750 for 5 years with 10k down, stellar credit and a 2.75% interest rate)

Like others have said, save up, try and get a credit card to build some credit... DON'T USE THE CARD... just get approved for it.. If you're denied, wait a few months before trying again. There is no way you are getting a Raptor without a down payment at your age, and hell a couple years in and you might not even want one anymore. Dreams are awesome kiddo, but I can guarantee that 10 years down the road you'll get a chuckle out of the 19 yr old you and your dreams. Life isn't always fair and it tends to hand you shit on its own schedule not yours. Work hard and you'll get what you want/deserve.

Best to use the credit card and pay it down, then increase the limit as much as possible. This will make your credit score much higher since it shows that you are responsible with credit. Having a higher credit limit also helps your score because it shows your credit utilization is low. For example if you had 750 dollars balance on your card with a $1000 balance your at 75% which is pretty high revolving credit. But if your limit is $10,000 than its only 7.5%.