Best way to acquire a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

APOL

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum site, but I figured this would be the best place to ask this. I'm 19 and the ford raptor was always apart of my "dream garage" and now that I just got a new job in construction I need a solid truck (of course I could buy a used 2006 Chevy silverado but why not go big or go home) and I made a vow to my self after I got the job that I would own a raptor within 4 years. My question is what is the best way for me personally to get one? A loan? (I have no credit) a lease? Buying used? I don't know help me out guys I wanna sling some dirt with you all

-Thanks In Advance

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, what a smart ass.

its hard to say. 4 years from now is a long time to wait. especially since rumors are traveling that 2014 could be the last year of the v8 raptor. government regulations are changing in 2015 and vehicle manufacturers have to change a few things. 4 years from now it might be hard to find a 6.2 raptor. im just speculating though.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
First of all, if you're working construction then maybe a Raptor isn't the truck for you... depends though, are you a government employee using their equipment and just using the Raptor to commute/fun, or are you planning on using the truck to haul, tow, etc? It can be done with a Raptor, but its not the most comfortable/ideal situation.

Second, you have no credit and just got a decent job... maybe instead of spending every cent of your hard earned money for the next 3 years, you start work and see how things shake out. Again, what kind of job, guaranteed hours, or if things slow down they cut you? Can you handle a $900 a month payment, not including gas, insurance, and maintenance? (probably a low guess at loan amount with no money down extended years, etc... we pay $750 for 5 years with 10k down, stellar credit and a 2.75% interest rate)

Like others have said, save up, try and get a credit card to build some credit... DON'T USE THE CARD... just get approved for it.. If you're denied, wait a few months before trying again. There is no way you are getting a Raptor without a down payment at your age, and hell a couple years in and you might not even want one anymore. Dreams are awesome kiddo, but I can guarantee that 10 years down the road you'll get a chuckle out of the 19 yr old you and your dreams. Life isn't always fair and it tends to hand you shit on its own schedule not yours. Work hard and you'll get what you want/deserve.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Work hard, save your money. Forget about a new Raptor or any other new vehicle for awhile. Your only 19, your just starting out. Nothing worthwhile comes easy. Save up to buy a house, not an expensive truck.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Steal it... what, I'm the only one?

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Just kidding, makin' a funny