Best deal today - New or Used?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canyonduck

Reaction score
I have been looking at new and used options for a couple months now and feel like my thoughts are going in circles. I decide a new raptor would be best, but then struggle to find one that meets what I expect in a new truck. Then I decide used is the best option and then find most used raptors priced not that much less than new. The process then repeats and I am left without a truck.

My perfect truck would be blue flame with 801A, front camera and blue accent package. I don't really feel the need for any other factory options. Would rather save my $ for other mods anyway! Blue flame raptors seem to be in short supply - especially trying to find a 2014 new on a dealer lot for less than $5k over MSRP.

Any thoughts on the best options for getting a new truck are greatly appreciated!

D

Deleted member 12951

Not sure if I am any help but it looks like you have answered your own questions. Yes, for what a used raptor demands, you might as well get new, if you can. As you know what is on a dealer lots are the last there will be until the new one comes out in a couple years. Hence why dealers are marking them up. And as you know, you can't get picky on what options there are, you are going to have to take what there is, like it or not.

Not sure what part of the country you are located but you might have better luck looking in the Midwest instead of the West or East coast. I personally haven't looked for a deal because I am not looking. But even if you have to pay sticker and save $5k, the plane ticket and drive home would still be less than $5k you are saving.

Good luck on your quest but from what I understand, you might have to pay for it now and if you get MSRP, that is really considered a good deal right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This probably isn't very helpful but the used Raptors with low miles around here are going for 2-6k over what I paid for mine new a couple years ago. And of course, I ordered exactly what I wanted then. It's a sellers market for sure and honestly, they held their value used even when they were still being produced. That's the primary reason I bought new. Good luck with your search.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine way back in June and had a hard time finding a deal. Finally found a dealer that had an allocation that was close and I jumped on it. Bought from a dealer near Phoenix. Most Salt Lake dealers wanted $10k over MSRP. I got a new Raptor for less than what local 2013's were selling for with 30k miles. I'm sure now it's different but if you can find a used CPO one in good condition why not go with that? The CPO warranty is better than the new warranty.

GutweinMCP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got one that is is a 2014 Screw with like 9,200 miles we are looking to move. It isn't blue though.