Bed/Cab Gap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Asking on behalf of a friend:

He went to test drive this truck todayhttp://www.levittownford.com/certified/Ford/2013-Ford-F-150-levittown-ny-c94be7dc0a0e0ae75cec617fb60e28a6.htm?searchDepth=1:1

We spoke on the phone and I told him to check for cab dimples to see if the bed ever made contact. While there were no dimples or scuffs he did say that on one side he could slide has hand between the bed and cab (normal oe spacing) but the other side he couldn't fit his hand between the two.

Given the year, miles, clean car fax and maintenance history this was the only area he was worried about (besides the smell of cat **** in the cab).

Should this uneven spacing be a worry? In my eyes it wouldn't be a deal breaker. What do you all think?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the underside is clean and the skid plate clean, no worries.

The bed could have been shifted if the bed bolts were out for any reason. I.e. spray in bed liner? I also know they had my bed moved back for the wrap installation.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be that the bed bolts need to be loosened and the bed alignment adjusted or it could be a bent frame. If you search here under bent frame you will find pics of what a bent frame looks like.

OP
OP
N

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. He said the skids were very clean and also checked the frame and there were no issues there.

Now it's just a numbers game.

D

Deleted member 12951

Lol, hence why I have purchased clean undamaged skid plates to replace mine if I ever sell it.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I get it. Your buddy doesn't want to buy a truck that been thrashed. But the implication here is that the only used Raptor worth buying is a street queen, and I think that's ********.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I get it. Your buddy doesn't want to buy a truck that been thrashed. But the implication here is that the only used Raptor worth buying is a street queen, and I think that's ********.
I don't think that's the case at all. It is more about what price to pay for a truck that had been beat offroad vs. a street queen with less potential issues.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

D

Deleted member 12951

We thought about that but areas like the muffler, LCAs and other susceptible parts were clean from scuffs as well.

Guess what I am saying, that you can't necessarily look at that to really know or not. Yeah, I have a new full exhaust take-off and LCA's can be had for little in the used market.