Aux switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nanochicken

Reaction score
So are the aux switches prewired to various things on the truck or are they blanks that can be wired to add ons? How hard is it to wire these switches up to something?

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe there is something about that in the owner's manual thing that nobody reads. Or maybe try a search of the other hundreds of threads on this.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So are the aux switches prewired to various things on the truck or are they blanks that can be wired to add ons? How hard is it to wire these switches up to something?

They are blanks and are very easy to wire. There are threads on here showing how easy. Assume you are talking G2 as G1 are different and a bit more work.

Reaction score
Something I found when I was researching them is that they are all hot. I was looking for a source to hook up a dashcam that would be tied to the ignition. I ended up running it elsewhere. In the end, it works out better for me as I don't have the need to shut off the dashcam that often.

1DXmk2

Reaction score
I think 1-3 are hot and 4-6 are pass-through. See page 44 in this link.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...pplement-version-1_su_EN-US-EN-US_10_2016.pdf

All six switches operate the same - the positive leads terminate in the engine bay and are hot only in the on position with the ignition on. There is a set of pass through wires that runs from the engine bay to the interior, but those are only hot if connected to the hot leads from the switches (again in the engine bay).