Anyone come from Range Rover Sport To Raptor For DD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monsoon Chopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am picking up my 2017 Raptor on Monday, and trading in my 2016 RRS Dynamic 5.0SC. The ride of the RRS is one of the best riding vehicles on the planet. 2 different worlds, but the 17 Raptor is not far behind for smoothness. The RRS is quicker, with a 5.0 second 0-60. But again, you can't compare the 2 in a drag race. But the Raptor is not far behind the RRS.

So for me, at the end of the day. I am more a truck person than a RRS person. Plus the Raptor holds its value MUCH more than any Land Rover product. And since RAM is not going to make the Rebel TRX anytime soon, I chose the Raptor and am looking forward to it!

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride of the RRS is one of the best riding vehicles on the planet.
Agreed with this. I have an RRSC and the ride is second to none. Raptors feel bigger, heavier, slower, and less nimble. Pretty much exactly as you'd expect... A Raptor is a different beast, with different intended uses. Frankly I think the rover is a poor to modest offroad vehicle, it's offroad prowess is mostly a marketing thing.

white54raptor

Reaction score
My wife had two RRS SC's and now has a gen one Raptor. There is no similarity between the two. The RRS is a luxury performance SUV. On pavement it handles, corners, accelerates, sounds, smells, and rides much more comfortably and even sportier.

The Raptor is immense fun and very capable (although the RRS is probably more capable than most owners really know).

If you want luxury and comfortable ride, stick to the RRS. If you want wild, fun, and capable, give the Raptor a try.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing you can say about the Range Rover but not about the Raptor. First owner dream, second owner nightmare.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a RRSS, white with white leather. Loved it but I didn't like spending 1000-1500 every single time I had it in for service for a litany of BS that magically wasn't covered by the warranty.

Most of the tech in both Gen Raptors is borrowed from Range Rover.

Given the 50k difference in price, I'd take the Raptor any day.

duhiephoa3

Reaction score
Gen1 rất thoải mái khi lái xe hơn chiếc Infinity QX80 của vợ tôi. Chiều dài cơm dài hơn. Thêm cao su trên bánh xe. Trọng lượng ít hơn. Cổ phiếu chung cu vincity , - đây thực sự là những động lực tốt đẹp ......

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen1 rất thoải mái khi lái xe hơn chiếc Infinity QX80 của vợ tôi. Chiều dài cơm dài hơn. Thêm cao su trên bánh xe. Trọng lượng ít hơn. Cổ phiếu chung cu vincity , - đây thực sự là những động lực tốt đẹp ......

Translated from Vietnamese:

Gen1 is more comfortable driving than my wife's Infinity QX80. The rice length is longer. Add rubber on the wheel. Less weight. Shares [URL = "https://vincity.duanvinhomeshcm.com/"] vincity [/ URL], - these are really good incentives

stiv1

Reaction score
Wondering if you guys that made the switch are satisfied with your decision? I am considering trading my 15 RRS SC and would love any feedback you guys might provide. Thanks in advance!

Edski

Reaction score
Just switched from 2015 RRS to '18 Raptor

They are obviously different but the thought of <$50 or DYI oil changes vs. the $400-$700 trips to the dealer is one obvious benefit. The RR road a bit more like a luxury car the Raptor. I think the Raptor actually rides better over crummy pavement at speed than the RR. Syn3 blows away the RR MMI as well. Only had the Raptor a month but so far very happy with the switch.