Anyone come from Range Rover Sport To Raptor For DD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poofyo101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently have 12 RRS.
Love it. Use it everyday as a DD.
Very comfortable and capable.
Thinking about getting the 17 Raptor.
Has anyone made the switch from a Range Rover Sport to Raptor?
How is the comfort compared to the RRS? I would expect the RRS to be more comfortable but not sure by how much.
Thanks

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since nobody has driven a 17 Raptor, no one can answer that question. But, I'm just going to go out on a limb and say the Range Rover is 21.638% more comforting.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, but about 121.638% MORE fun. Really though, the Gen1 is way more comfortable to drive than my wife's Infinity QX80. Longer wheelbase. More rubber on the wheels. A little more weight. Stock - these really are nice drivers......

OP
OP
P

poofyo101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry, I know the 17 raptor has not arrived yet so impossible to compare. Just wanted to compare to the old one because my guess is they will be similar.
Thanks

Padholdr

Reaction score
I used to have a 06 Range Rover HSE several years ago. I loved my RR, but I didn't love all of the random issues I would constantly occur with it. My Raptor drives like a truck, where the RR drove more like a BMW car but sat higher. Not sure how much this helps, but its my 2 cents!

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough to beet the comfort a full size truck IMO. Especially if the gen 2 raptor seats are as comfortable as the gen 1s were.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
havent owned a RR, would like to try a sport. Raptor is a great DD, have a gen 2 coming. Never bought the same truck 2x. great seats, ride, handling, power, gas mileage sucks.

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never owned one but my best bud owns quite a few rovers. Lr3, sport, disco. All modified, they are cool as hell but IMO not as good as a rappy. He goes through issues constantly as well.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RR is literally renown for bad quality at a huge price.

cmarko

Reaction score
Currently have 12 RRS.
Love it. Use it everyday as a DD.
Very comfortable and capable.
Thinking about getting the 17 Raptor.
Has anyone made the switch from a Range Rover Sport to Raptor?
How is the comfort compared to the RRS? I would expect the RRS to be more comfortable but not sure by how much.
Thanks

My wife's dd is a 2015 Range Rover Sport. My daily is a 2011 Supercrew Raptor. The difference is night and day. My truck is a very nice "truck" I wouldn't trade her daily drivers for anything because I am a truck guy but her car is so much more refined and luxurious than my truck that you cant even compare them. Her car is quieter by a huge margin, has far more luxury options, and is far more refined. Not my choice for a daily driver but when I do drive it I'm reminded that I drive a truck and I'm fine with that. I have a new raptor on order. I really hope that some of the current refinements are found in our new trucks as rumored. I know that we get rain sensing wipers and auto dim headlights. Silly things but they do make cruising nice. I am looking forward to the big moon roof and hoping for much better interior lighting and sound control so it's not so loud driving down the road and this new raptor better be able to spank her RR in a drag race cause I can't be driving a slower dd than her:)