Another purchase advice thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cycleman4

Reaction score
Hi guys I am new here but been lurking for a while. I found a SCREW that I am ready to pull the trigger on. Its a 2012 with 60K and loaded. They are asking 41K. It is in great condition! I have driven it and crawled underneath. No signs of being taken off road at all. Any feedback on this price and any reason not to go with a 2012? Are extended warranties available through Ford on these trucks? Thanks for the advice ahead of time. I am hoping to close the deal today.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck, nothing wrong with a 2012! Yes you can get extended warranties through Ford, talk to your dealer!

OP
OP
C

cycleman4

Reaction score
Thanks Corona, does that price seem in line? Also any feedback on longevity of the 6.2L? Sorry for all the questions as I'm sure they been asked before.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
41 seems fair without seeing it. Always go. Lower and work up. 6.2 is solid, I have 77k on my 2010

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
In California I've seen a couple of stealerships ask $58k for 2012 Raptors! And in the Raptor sales forum there is a blue '14 SCREW with 60k going for $49k. I'd say $41k is about fair.

There are a few updates to the 2013+ Raptors color/option wise, including HID headlights. You can add retrofits to address that issue. If you like what you are looking at, go for it!

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I will say any Ford warranty will not work, since they require you still be under the 3 year/36k factory warranty. Aftermarket will be your only option I think, but your dealer will have the info for it.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's my take on it - for what it's worth:

I dealt with my dealer on my truck. Until he told me that he wouldn't go any lower. I gave him one more number and he took it. I knew it was expensive, but it's what I was looking for and the price seemed in line.

If you like the truck, and have checked it over with a fine toothed comb, buy it! It's not an investment. If we were all looking for investments, we never would have bought one of these. You will spend more money than just the purchase price of this vehicle - just a warning. It has been said that the purchase price of the truck was just a down payment for all the mods you will be buying in the future.

Good luck and don't wait too long, someone else will buy it!!!!

Oh, and welcome to the mayhem!!! Post some pics when you buy a Raptor.....