Almost new 2012 Raptor VS new 2015 Silverado?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LS3 Machine

Reaction score
My first post. I know I came to a Raptor forum, so I will get a lot of people saying to get a Raptor. I have an offer on a sweet deal on a super low miles 2012 raptor from a friend Its loaded. Having said that, Ive been a pretty big chevy fan for a while (2008 C6, 2009 C6Z, Gen 5 Camaro SS), so naturally, when looking for a crew cab pickup, Im considering a Silverado (6.2 L, loaded). Im not 100% set on chevy products, as I currently have an Audi S4 and Subaru STI., and previously owned 3 series BMWs, and an Evo 9, and many other cars and trucks. Whatever I get will more than likely end up with a whipple or a maggie, as I just love fast cars and trucks, and Im lucky enough to be able to afford it. Has anyone here owned both trucks? I dont hate Ford at all... just haven't owned one in many years (I had a 72 Gran Torino many years ago). Anyways, my plan is to drive them both over the next couple months (no hurry to purchase), but I thought I would get some opinions here first. Thanks in advance for feedback.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 12951

If you are only driving your trucks on the street, get the Chebby. But if you plan on taking it off-road, get the Raptor.

When I placed my order for the raptor, I really never went off-road in any truck before. Once I got it and was on this forum, I took it off-road less than a month after I got it. I've been addicted to it ever since. I am really glad that I got it but it hasn't been the best financial decision either, but a fun one indeed.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not many people talk about the on street handling of the Raptor. I went from driving 7-series BMWs for 14 years to the Raptor. We had GMC Yukon Denali XLs for my wife over that same time frame. The turn-in on the Raptor is so much better than the Denali. Yes there is a ton of body roll but the Raptor is fun to drive on the street. Drive both a bit aggressively on the street before you decide. Offroad there is no comparison.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not many people talk about the on street handling of the Raptor. I went from driving 7-series BMWs for 14 years to the Raptor. We had GMC Yukon Denali XLs for my wife over that same time frame. The turn-in on the Raptor is so much better than the Denali. Yes there is a ton of body roll but the Raptor is fun to drive on the street. Drive both a bit aggressively on the street before you decide. Offroad there is no comparison.

This is true. I had to pick mine up about 30 miles away from home and hopped right on the autobahn. Straight out of the box, 3TONFUN had no issues keeping up with all the bmw's and merc's doing 80-100 mph. The best part was, that it wasn't a bone jarring farmtruck ride, the shocks soaked up all the expansion joints and bumps and dips.