All Model Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Okay everyone, here it is.

As I mentioned in my intro, I may be in the market for a Raptor in the near future. Through this thread, I am looking for input on helping me make my decision. I have my eyes set on a Special Edition because I like the color. Aside from that, I am eyeballing the Blue Flame. I have also been highly considering the Hennessey upgrade. I looked at Rousch and Shelby, but just can't justify that kind of money for something I will have to hire a body guard to watch over the truck when I park it. Hennessey seems like a good value for what they do, but my only problem is the repair facilities. They have to be "Hennessey Certified" to work on them and there aren't many very close to me. If any of you have these packages, I want to hear from you as well!

Basically I am looking for any and all input from you guys/gals on what you like and don't like, features that are a MUST HAVE, etc. This will be my daily driver for the most part, but I am not planning on having a car payment so fuel isn't my concern. After all.... fuel economy shouldn't be figured in when you are buying a truck. Let's face it, you are buying a truck.

I plan on cruising for common problems, issues, and all that through time, but right now I am testing the waters on which avenue to go down.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

D

Deleted member 12951

You are going to get a lot of responses here not to do the Hennessey package. Its your money but I would do the Roush and if money is no object and you have time to wait, then by all means get the Shelby IMHO. Not sure where you live to need a body guard, Miami?

Do you plan on taking it off road? And remember you can never have enough lights....

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
I only made the bodyguard comment because I saw somewhere that the Shelby model was ballpark of $86k. I really to like the Rousch package though. I don't live anywhere that I would need the bodyguard, it was a remark on the price tag, that's all. If I am able to make it happen, trust me I will be leaning on the higher upgrades. If it does become a situation where money is no object, I would be headed towards Shelby. It's just too early to make that kind of large value decision (if you know what I mean). I am basically doing my homework before dropping a lot of money all at once. I want it to be done right.

Thanks a lot for the heads up about Hennessey, I am sure I will hear the reasoning :)

I used to off road with my Nissan X-terra a lot, but everything legal in CT is pretty much shut down. However, I can guarantee you that this truck will not be a mall crawler :)

Last edited:

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple with certified whipple installer= warranty.

Unless you go se edition for color, i went bare bones raptor to spend the money on upgrades. Bare bones is of course still leather seats, cd player etc, and everything else that makes it a raptor.

As much as i want a supercharger i dont see the point in these. Ill do it but i know im going to cause a lot of damage

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Stay away from Hennessey...
18204d1363223704t-raptor-advice-hennescrewed2.jpg

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hennessy is a bunch of crooks. Horror stories that span many years. Nothing John Hennessy sells is cheap anyways. Shelby and Roush are also names that you are paying for, just go and have the stuff done at a private shop and you'll save 30-40%

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Well, thanks everyone! Only a day in and I have been steered into a positive direction. I am glad you all offered up great info and I think I have decided to go with a stock Blue Flame and do the work myself. I will save the money not only in the original purchase, but in the parts I will be installing. Again, thanks for the help and (in time) let the fun begin!