3rd party warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
That's what I thought. Not sure how @Trick_Raptor got his according to his post. Might message him and see what we don't know.

From my link earlier in the thread...

Ford Extended Warranty

I chose my vehicle is *NOT* under warranty...

Ford Extended Warranty

At the time I had 76k on my Raptor...

Ford Extended Warranty

For me it was worth it. I have already had 2 rear axle seals replaced, 2 door locks and just today I got my engine cooling fan assembly replaced :)

Yeah paying for those up front would have been cheaper than buying the warranty but I'm gambling that by 136k I will have a major failure making up for the cost.

Last edited:

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ford Extended Warranty

Ford Extended Warranty

Ford Extended Warranty

For me it was worth it. I have already had 2 rear axle seals replaced, 2 door locks and just today I got my engine cooling fan assembly replaced :)

Yeah paying for those up front would have been cheaper than buying the warranty but I'm gambling that by 136k I will have a major failure making up for the cost.

Doesn't anybody work on their own vehicle around here? Axle seals, door locks and a cooling fan? That is under $500 in parts and half a Saturdays labor...

Sounds like you are hoping for a major failure to justify wasting money on a warranty. 136k isn't much for one of these trucks, what do you think is going to fail?

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Doesn't anybody work on their own vehicle around here? Axle seals, door locks and a cooling fan? That is under $500 in parts and half a Saturdays labor...

Sounds like you are hoping for a major failure to justify wasting money on a warranty. 136k isn't much for one of these trucks, what do you think is going to fail?

No I don't. I'm not a mechanic. And if I asked my customers how come they do not work on their own computer networks or install their own servers they would tell me because they are not a computer nerd.

It's great you can do everything all on your own. That's cool.

OP
OP
ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You've all given me lots of great food for thought. I'm weighing my options and have reached out to the salesman to discuss the potential of either a) adding the stock exhaust to the truck so that it qualifies for CPO or b) a Ford ESP.

If he says no to both, I may just move on from that truck and continue my search. There is another one I found roughly 45 min away that I'm digging.

D

Deleted member 12951

Ford Extended Warranty

Ford Extended Warranty

Ford Extended Warranty

Oh, see that now. Looks like you can get an ESP from that site with miles and years on it. Good to know!

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I am on the phone with ford dealership right now. I have a 2014 with 88k on it and they said I qualify for both the new car warranty and the used car warranty. New car is 2400 OTD and is good for 3 years 36000 miles. Used car coverage is less money, same miles, but stated coverage and doesn’t include electronics and interior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Oh, see that now. Looks like you can get an ESP from that site with miles and years on it. Good to know!

Just as an FYI it's not just Troy Ford. I had my inspection done at a local dealer and they matched Troy Ford's price for the ESP plan so I purchased the plan from them.

If your local dealer won't sell you one for whatever reason you know you can buy from Troy Ford.

Last edited:

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I don't. I'm not a mechanic. And if I asked my customers how come they do not work on their own computer networks or install their own servers they would tell me because they are not a computer nerd.

It's great you can do everything all on your own. That's cool.

So you can only do ONE thing?