2014 Screw Raptor Tuxedo Black with high miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want lower mileage one certified warranty buy certified used from Ford. Your getting nothing from your guy. But you'll pay about 8k more for low low mileage certified from Ford, you'd be paying for the peace of mind which is what I think you would like. Alot of guys traded and are trading them in. Look here on the Raptor for sale thread. And also post in the wanted to buy thread for what you want.
A seller on here would probably be the original owner and tell you the veh history. Where are you located

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you finance with the credit union you can get very good extended warranty for this truck right through them. just a thought there is no reason chasing lower mile truck and over paying another $6-$8K

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just checked the for sale thread here Theres one for sale here for 46k and 32k miles original owner

OP
OP
K

Khilborn

Reaction score
That did tell me it was as is. Maybe I could work a little warranty in to the deal. How long of a warranty do you think I could approach them with?

Minimum of ninety days. Check to see if you can get an extended warranty from Ford.

I checked a few sites for Ford extended warranty and it seems like I could get one if I wanted. Do things happen on these regularly that you think it's needed?

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I just checked the for sale thread here Theres one for sale here for 46k and 32k miles original owner

The problem is I am wanting to be under 40k. I am trading my 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4 Door in for it. This place is giving me around $6,800 for my truck with 145,000 miles on it.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I checked a few sites for Ford extended warranty and it seems like I could get one if I wanted. Do things happen on these regularly that you think it's needed?

Many people on this site have them. I personally do not on my 2013. If you do a search you can find what others have to say plus it will give you peace of mind.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get it done, it s a good deal all around. Warranty is "Damn if you do and Damn if you don't". Absolutely get it, it takes one time to pay for itself. I had an $1800 repair done to my other truck under warranty, the track broke, here you go...the warranty covered 100%.

Marcsc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for comparison, there is a '14 screw with 50k in excellent condition up here in Buffalo on a Ford dealer used lot. Pass it everyday on way to work for the past month...they have it down to 42,900. White, blue accent package, roush exhaust.

OP
OP
K

Khilborn

Reaction score
Just for comparison, there is a '14 screw with 50k in excellent condition up here in Buffalo on a Ford dealer used lot. Pass it everyday on way to work for the past month...they have it down to 42,900. White, blue accent package, roush exhaust.

Thanks for the infomation

OP
OP
K

Khilborn

Reaction score
I thnk I might just pull the trigger on this truck. I think I am going to make the 2 hour drive and go see the vehicle. I want to compile a list on what to inspect when I get there with the help of all of you, here is my list so far:

Inspection:
- All lights
- All Gauges
- Power windows
- Power Seats
- Under carriage
- Transmission shifting while driving (Should be smooth?)
- Alignment
- Leaks
-- Shocks
-- Axles
-- Motor, upper and lower
- Gap between bed and cab (should be even)
- Check 4 wheel drive. Just make sure it engages
- Tire life

What else should I add to this list.

Last edited:

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the gap between the bed and the cab. It should be even.