2014 RR Screw. Good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

LoganR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very odd package with a lot of stuff missing. But congrats you wanted a RR you got it. I hope you were able to wiggle the price a couple grand since its an odd ball configuration and has old style tires and probably shocks would need to be addressed for rebuild. I personally really like the white ^^^^ that looks like it came of a showroom floor and loaded, you drive them from inside BTW...lol

What's missing, and what is odd about it? The only thing I noticed it not having were the items noted. Didn't know there was a newer tire, but that doesn't really bother me.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2013 last December with 48k miles on it for $43k
It now has almost 57k miles on it and if I were to sell it I would list it for probably $39k

These trucks aren't worth nearly what people think they are. There are good deals to be had, just have to find someone that understands it's not a Ferrari.

OP
OP
L

LoganR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2013 last December with 48k miles on it for $43k
It now has almost 57k miles on it and if I were to sell it I would list it for probably $39k

These trucks aren't worth nearly what people think they are. There are good deals to be had, just have to find someone that understands it's not a Ferrari.

While what you're saying may be true, I've yet to see an apples to apples comparison with a huge gap in price. If they aren't worth what people think they are, there are a lot of people (including several on this forum) who are in that group of people.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While what you're saying may be true, I've yet to see an apples to apples comparison with a huge gap in price. If they aren't worth what people think they are, there are a lot of people (including several on this forum) who are in that group of people.

These truck are desirable and retain their value very well, just saying as a dealer myself. Again not every truck is maintained and equipped the same options wise, condition, aftermarket adds.... Yes you can get lucky and "steal" one but i am sure there is a catch somewhere unless its a fire sale for someone. This has been discussed on other threads. I personally do not care what my truck is worth with almost 70k miles and $17k in aftermarket stuff, because i love it will keep it until the wheels fall off. lol

OP
OP
L

LoganR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These truck are desirable and retain their value very well, just saying as a dealer myself. Again not every truck is maintained and equipped the same options wise, condition, aftermarket adds.... Yes you can get lucky and "steal" one but i am sure there is a catch somewhere unless its a fire sale for someone. This has been discussed on other threads. I personally do not care what my truck is worth with almost 70k miles and $17k in aftermarket stuff, because i love it will keep it until the wheels fall off. lol

So what did you notice missing, or the odd configuration? I've looked at a couple other 14's and they seem to have the same tires as well?

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what did you notice missing, or the odd configuration? I've looked at a couple other 14's and they seem to have the same tires as well?

I think he was referring to the fact that your truck doesn't have the front camera or the tailgate step... options that almost everyone got. personally, I wasn't going to order either until a friend that already had a Raptor told me to get them. the tailgate step turned out to be one of the most useful options I've ever had in a vehicle and the front camera came in handy after I installed the nav-tv and could use it when the truck wasn't in 4-Lo. as for tires, I guess it all depends on when the previous owner bought new ones as to whether you have the newer or older version. not a big deal as those are easily changed if you wanted something different.

OP
OP
L

LoganR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he was referring to the fact that your truck doesn't have the front camera or the tailgate step... options that almost everyone got. personally, I wasn't going to order either until a friend that already had a Raptor told me to get them. the tailgate step turned out to be one of the most useful options I've ever had in a vehicle and the front camera came in handy after I installed the nav-tv and could use it when the truck wasn't in 4-Lo. as for tires, I guess it all depends on when the previous owner bought new ones as to whether you have the newer or older version. not a big deal as those are easily changed if you wanted something different.

I suppose. Wouldn't think those would necessarily be an "odd configuration", or classify those two as "a lot of stuff missing" just curious. I definitely would've liked to have both, but it is what it is. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited: