2014 801A vs 800A (what would you get)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zer0gravity

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been looking at getting a Raptor and have it narrowed down but trying to choose between one that has the 800A package and one that has the 801A package.

Can some users post weather or not they feel it was worth getting or not?

My main needs of the 801A package would be remote start and the HID headlights, other than that, its hard for me to justify.

Please give your thoughts.

Thanks!!!!!!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you find a dealer who can have one built for you? Because they are all basically ordered with 801a

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I'd honestly go with 801a. I didn't wait until the 2011's became available with the sony navigation and tuxedo black paint after the japanese tsunami that killed production on the nav units and the tuxedo paint. I've regretted it and now I have decided to get a Kenwood touch screen radio.

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have got the 801a package but the wife gave me a number I couldn't go over so 800a it was. Now that being said the sony system is garbage and my wife has my ford touch in her 2013 Escape and we both hate it. I would definitly consider that as well. Alpine is coming out with a head unit to replace the 2013 head units with a 9 inch touch screen nav that looks awesome too. Like you I only wanted the HID head lamps and the remote start. Not exactly worth $4,500.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
800A

-I think you can get better nav for the money.
-I KNOW you can get a better remote start for the price
-the cooled seats make me feel like I pissed myself, (al though it may cut down on my yeast infections)
-I think 6 directional seats are enough. I don't know what id do with 10.
-I wanted manual seats under the passenger seat for equipment
-Ive been doing better upgrades than ford could provide
-its already loaded to begin with

-I did really want the adjustable pedals though

-You can get hids from 2 different vendors here for close to the same price.
-I heard enough problems of the touch, rumors or not, I didn't want to deal with it
-Like stated above, sony is junk, but that is always based on the persons needs.

Last edited:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
800A

-I think you can get better nav for the money.
-I KNOW you can get a better remote start for the price
-the cooled seats make me feel like I pissed myself, (al though it may cut down on my yeast infections)
-I think 6 directional seats are enough. I don't know what id do with 10.
-I wanted manual seats under the passenger seat for equipment
-Ive been doing better upgrades than ford could provide
-its already loaded to begin with

-I did really want the adjustable pedals though

-You can get hids from 2 different vendors here for close to the same price.
-I heard enough problems of the touch, rumors or not, I didn't want to deal with it
-Like stated above, sony is junk, but that is always based on the persons needs.

Well I would say that sums it up well..... I think......:wizhuh:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Happy with my 801A. It turns out I use most of the stuff more often than I thought I would. Although I did yank out the Sony system and replaced it with JL Audio everything.