2013 SCREW - tons 'o mods but high miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You must be buddies with the seller! ;)
It would cost a lot to duplicate, that's for sure. But mods are never a great investment for resale, we all get hammered (i've sold some nice stuff in the past, too) when we go to unload.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking too. Mid forties. The mods are cool but mileage always trumps everything. 90K miles on a 2013 is pretty nuts. Ultimately it's only worth what someone will pay.

Yeah, I don't necessarily agree. 90k miles on one of these trucks isn't that high. There are several of us on here that have more than that on newer trucks. I do agree for the uneducated retail buyer that mods aren't worth much but to those of us that do understand and appreciate them they are worth it. I think the point that was being made is that these particular improvements on this particular truck do in fact make it worth what is being asked. Not wanting to argue, but that is what it is.

Regardless, good luck with your search. No matter what Raptor you end up getting it will be worth whatever you paid for it!!!

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be buddies with the seller! ;)

It would cost a lot to duplicate, that's for sure. But mods are never a great investment for resale, we all get hammered (i've sold some nice stuff in the past, too) when we go to unload.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking too. Mid forties. The mods are cool but mileage always trumps everything. 90K miles on a 2013 is pretty nuts. Ultimately it's only worth what someone will pay.

Haha...sounds like it, huh[emoji106] I've actually never met him, but know him and his truck from this forum and Facebook. If you plan to actually use the truck offroad, then it doesn't get much better than this and still be a feasible daily driver. But I will accept a sales commission if you did buy it[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
U

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I will accept a sales commission if you did buy it

Check will be in the mail! ha. Thanks for your input tho, appreciated.

Yeah, I don't necessarily agree.
What?! I thought internet forums were all about agreement and empathy?

I respect what you're saying, we're just talking about two different things. The sum of the parts is worth it to you, and likely many other enthusiasts. By a long shot, of course. I agree with that!
However as a "For Sale" item, the truck is only worth the number I write on the check.
Regardless, I appreciate you persuading me to spend more! :biggrin:
If it works out, great. If not, then there will always be another amazing raptor for sale. You guys are good at building them!

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think your market of potential buyers gets smaller as well. I don't think a bank making a loan would factor in the mods to the value, so the knuckle heads that have no cash for a down and really can't afford it, can't get 100% loan.

OP
OP
U

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think a bank making a loan would factor in the mods to the value, so the knuckle heads that have no cash for a down and really can't afford it, can't get 100% loan.
Good point, that hadn't crossed my mind.

OP
OP
U

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I ran it through kbb.

Attachments

• kbb.jpg
    kbb.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 81

blynd

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I ran it through kbb.

Well that's trade in value to a dealer, not private sale which is always more. Not to mention, the upgrades always play into a private sale price versus dealer price.

I actually saw that truck when I was recently shopping for mine. Thought it looked awesome and had nice upgrades but not worth the asking price. I ended up buying mine out of Phoenix from a guy that also had a number of upgrades such as the Roush supercharger. Mine is a 2013 SCREW with 59k miles, Roush supercharger, Rigid lights, bump stop, leveling kit, on 37s. I paid $45k for mine which was a good deal since the truck is super clean. I would suggest paying no more than that for that particular truck IMO

OP
OP
U

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, your truck sounds like a good purchase and about what 'the market' will bear right now. Thanks for the data point!
There is a similarly spec'd truck in PHX that has a god-awful orange wrap but is otherwise pretty solid. It's also very optimistically priced ($60K), but I am looking into that truck too.

blynd

Reaction score
Yeah, your truck sounds like a good purchase and about what 'the market' will bear right now. Thanks for the data point!
There is a similarly spec'd truck in PHX that has a god-awful orange wrap but is otherwise pretty solid. It's also very optimistically priced ($60K), but I am looking into that truck too.

I saw that truck too. Definitely "loud" in terms of the exterior haha. However, sounded like a lot done to it. It's been up there for a long time. Could probably negotiate down.

OP
OP
U

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that truck too. Definitely "loud" in terms of the exterior haha. However, sounded like a lot done to it. It's been up there for a long time. Could probably negotiate down.
I need to give that seller a call and feel them out. It's pretty well outfitted but would need some tweaks for sure. Definitely needs 37's.
And yeah I'd have to negotiate several things, most especially removal of that wrap!

After seeing some actual sales prices, I bet the grey truck will not move at $5X,***. Especially since it's not smoggable. That can be a real hassle.

Last edited: