2013 Raptor in auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big nasty V8

Reaction score
Hey guys, prospective owner here, found what appears to be a good deal at an auction and wanted to get your opinions. I contacted the auction agency and this particular vehicle is being held offsite and thus I cant get an inspector to look at it before the auction. its on a salvage title but appears to be a clean rebuild that could be had for a good price. I'm not too worried about resale value as this will be my new daily I intend on owning for a long time. thanks for the insight guys.

https://www.copart.com/lot/23457218/

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without an inspection it's hard to qualify value. A quick KBB with higher specs has it around $26k. Salvaged I'd say probably knocks $8k off that price.

If you could get it for a steal at, say, $12k... Go for it. But I think it's doubtful that truck falls below the "want it today" price.

Long story short, I'd pass on it. I'm too wary of rebuilt vehicles.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
in the carfax report (09/17/2016) I see this:

Accident reported
Involving left front impact
Involving front impact
Vehicle ran off road
It hit a tree
Severe front damage reported
Vehicle towed
Vehicle not drive-able
Multiple airbags deployed
Front and side airbags deployed

It was also in another accident earlier in its life (8/22/2015):

Accident reported
Vehicle involved in a rear-end collision
Involving front impact
Front was not damaged
Vehicle drive-able

OP
OP
B

big nasty V8

Reaction score
yeah I saw both accidents, the first one I'm not too worried about as it didn't total the vehicle, the second one totaling it doesn't bother me if the repair was done correctly. I was going to bid a max of 15K but definitely not go for the buy it now price.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the main things i dont like about buying previously wrecked vehicles are the large unknowns of what you will be dealing with in the future.

what if you have a pesky air bag light that after 3-4 trips to the dealer still wont go off. you then have to fail smog and now cant register.

frame, suspension parts bent from sub par work and inspections and not only is your alignment garbage and wont ever zero, but you get a lot jouncy feelings for almost no reason over large bumps.

the doors dont sit right, they dont close right, they chime when im turning.
ect.

i personally am not against buying a wrecked vehicle. i however am a huge *** when it comes to taking on someone elses "fixed" wreck. you will be discovering shit for yearssssssss.

just my dollar though, it looks clean and cheap i say get it.

Raptor501

Reaction score
It might go on the higher end. I got my raptor at a auction it was a theft and recovery but still has clean title. 2013 screw terrain color with 40k miles. I paid 38k for it. It was little stuff wrong with it. So just cause it's at a auction doesn't mean it will go for low price.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I saw both accidents, the first one I'm not too worried about as it didn't total the vehicle, the second one totaling it doesn't bother me if the repair was done correctly. I was going to bid a max of 15K but definitely not go for the buy it now price.

The reserve price is going to be pretty close to the buy it now price. I don't think you are getting a five year old raptor with aftermarket bumper and wheels for $15K....even with 100K miles and accident history.