2012 Fleet Preview Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Race Red is already available on multiple Ford products. There are no color shifting properties in the paint.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Race Red:

50192790.jpg

7171961_1.jpg

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally love race red, in has more depth and sheen in person then any other factory 'bright' red color I have ever seen. I think it will look great on a raptor, I am just worried about how it will mesh with the gray bumpers and flares.. I thought molten orange looked great, but never meshed well with the gray bumpers and flares..

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's another pic of "Race Red" on the '11 FX4 - It should give you a little idea of the fender flare look also...

566944a.org.jpg

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally love race red, in has more depth and sheen in person then any other factory 'bright' red color I have ever seen. I think it will look great on a raptor, I am just worried about how it will mesh with the gray bumpers and flares.. I thought molten orange looked great, but never meshed well with the gray bumpers and flares..

Agreed. I'd hate it if Ford would do what they should and make the Race Red color "special" (since it's replacing the Molten Orange anyway) and make the front and rear bumpers and fender flares black. Hook it up with a black[er] grill, hood and side vents as well. That would look killer and would stand out.

But I just got my 2011 and would be pissed if they did this.

SeaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a tuff decision, should I pick race red or tuxedo black? Very very hard decision, though I do have more then enough time to decide.

SeaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have a black SS and work my ass of to keep that thing shining. So red oxidizes? Im not sure about the blue and def. not white or silver. I probably will do black again lol, it just looks so sweet when its clean. If they had gunmetal i would choose that!