2011 CPO - Odd history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nuggetman

Reaction score
Hi there, am new to the forums, but have been doing some reading up here for a while and wanted to gather some opinions..

I found a 2011 CPO Ratpor, dealer lists it for $45k, only has 19,500 miles on it, but the Carfax is a little odd.

It shows the car being exported to Bahrain for 2 years, then imported back, ordinarily I would think that to be a red-flag but the CPO puts a ford warranty onto it, I am wondering if I should just keep looking.

Any tips appreciated, thx.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Carfax is good for quick info but it's not perfect. It could be a mistake...

Being a CPO offer if I was in the market for a Raptor I would consider it. I would also want to check it out thoroughly with a 3rd party as well.

Gilligan

Reaction score
check out the skid plate and underside for any signs of extreme use, make sure there are no bombs while you're under there and then make the purchase if it looks to be a solid truck. Probably someone with a couple bucks in their pocket who went over there to for some sort of job for a couple years. Most of the top dollar cars get shipped over seas so I wouldn't worry about that part of it. If it's CPO the dealer probably went over it pretty good, so I wouldn't worry about it too much just make sure to reup the warranty if that one runs out.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too concerned with the import/export history, especially with it being certified.

You can find slightly higher mileage CPO 2012s for around $45k though so I would pass unless you really want the low mileage.

OP
OP
N

nuggetman

Reaction score
Yeah, that has me concerned! I find myself now thinking that I might be better served getting a 2012, non-CPO for a little less money and be prepared to tinker with it if I have issues.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that has me concerned! I find myself now thinking that I might be better served getting a 2012, non-CPO for a little less money and be prepared to tinker with it if I have issues.

How close are you to it?

If you're somewhat close, maybe take it for a test drive and look at the suspension to see if is in good shape.

I know they kept on fluctuating the price on it. One day it was 45.9, the next they bumped it to 48.9 then they would hold it there for a week and slowly drop it back down, repeatedly. I was interested in it as well, due to the mileage and options,, but I'm on the hunt for a 12+ SCAB.