2010 Raptor 5.2L 55k Miles; 33k. Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paullyb85

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my first raptor. I've loved these things for a long time and am ready to purchase one. I found a 2010, 5.2L, with 55k miles for about 33k. I was going to trade in an old beater and try to get for around 30k. From current owners and I know this has been thrown around a whole lot, will I not be happy with the 5.4? I am going to have this as my daily driver and am looking to just get into off-roading. The 6.2 with similar mileage is 6-10k more and once I get into the 40's I'd rather wait for the new ones. The link for the car in question is pasted below. Any insight would be very much appreciated.

http://www.alhendricksontoyota.com/used-Coconut+Creek-2010-Ford-F+150-SVT+Raptor-1FTEX1EV4AFD39791

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
55k is low miles. My first one was the 5.4 and I had no complaints. 6.2 is nice for sure but the 5.4 is no slouch.

#whatareicons

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5.4 has quite a bit of aftermarket for it. So if u ever decide it needs more giddeup u can do so without braking the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

paullyb85

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm coming from a Hyundai that I just gave to my little sister so the 5.4 had plenty for me. At least to start.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Thanks. I went to test drive it and right away I could tell something was off. It ****** a few times coming out of the spot. Turns out it was in 4wd but the wrench was on the dash saying check 4x4. From what I read it's an easy fix they are going to have taken care of at Ford. I'm going to try and get my mechanic down there soon to do a full check. Hoping it's just the 4x4 and not transmission. They are at 34,500 out the door plus 3k for a full bumper to bumper warranty for 3 years. I'm trying to go 35k all in.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm coming from a Hyundai that I just gave to my little sister so the 5.4 had plenty for me. At least to start.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Thanks. I went to test drive it and right away I could tell something was off. It ****** a few times coming out of the spot. Turns out it was in 4wd but the wrench was on the dash saying check 4x4. From what I read it's an easy fix they are going to have taken care of at Ford. I'm going to try and get my mechanic down there soon to do a full check. Hoping it's just the 4x4 and not transmission. They are at 34,500 out the door plus 3k for a full bumper to bumper warranty for 3 years. I'm trying to go 35k all in.

i paid less than that for my 2012 scab, with 70K. there's deals out there, so don't jump too soon.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Mine is a 5.4L that I purchased new. I've never had a problem with power from this thing and last year at the GLRE Time Attack event
I came in 1st place against 6.2L's
It can hold its own no problem.
People always complained about them but every time I hear people ask other people in videos of events they say "that's a 5.4?"
Oh yeah...:mwah1:

OP
OP
P

paullyb85

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm can be very impulsive and my gf is telling me to calm down. After driving it though I did tell myself that this will he my next ride. Hopefully sooner rather than later

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Mine is a 5.4L that I purchased new. I've never had a problem with power from this thing and last year at the GLRE Time Attack event
I came in 1st place against 6.2L's
It can hold its own no problem.
People always complained about them but every time I hear people ask other people in videos of events they say "that's a 5.4?"
Oh yeah...:mwah1:
That's awesome. I think I would be more than happy with the 5.4. Now it's just finding the right one.

dmpizzi

Reaction score
I purchased a 5.4 and now have 114,000 and rising. No complaints here. The color was more important to me, and the deal was right once I got mine a few years back.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you are concentrating on the wrong thing here. You found a truck that you really like. And the 5.4 is a really good engine. But, did you really love the truck?

Of course you did! It's a friggin Raptor! Go buy that damn thing already!

You will not regret your decision because it is the most fun you will ever have in a truck - whether it's a street queen or an offroad legend in the making......

Hurry up and post some pics of the damn truck with you standing in front of it with the biggest shit eating grin anyone has every seen!!!!!!!!