2 Questions for Current Raptor Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in South Florida and agree the A/C could be better. It takes a while to cool down the cab and no there are not separate controls for the rear. My 8 year old son has complained numerous times about that. Once it gets cool though it works great. Remote start is a great work around.

98% percent of my driving is congested city driving and Normal Mode is perfect for such. I use the Pedal Commander when I want more throttle response. I agree that Sport Mode shifts way to hard for my liking. I just use the paddle shifters when I want to have fun.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I live in South Florida and agree the A/C could be better. It takes a while to cool down the cab and no there are not separate controls for the rear. My 8 year old son has complained numerous times about that. Once it gets cool though it works great. Remote start is a great work around.

98% percent of my driving is congested city driving and Normal Mode is perfect for such. I use the Pedal Commander when I want more throttle response. I agree that Sport Mode shifts way to hard for my liking. I just use the paddle shifters when I want to have fun.

I just test drove one tonight for the first time as I'm thinking about purchasing a Raptor.

I agree that in sport mode it shifted awfully hard for my liking too.

I thought I'd run it hard, running the revs up to see if it would shift any better and guess what it did, it actually shifted much smoother when it was ran hard in sport mode.

I guess this is normal. Could you give it a try and let me know?

Stern_94

Reaction score
I've had rear passengers tell me they are hot with the AC on. Seems that auto works good for the front passengers but doesnt open the console vents or blow hard enough to cool the rear. Turning the fan up seems to alleviate the issue. Never had that issue with my 12 F150. I left that truck on auto 95% of the time.

My truck shifts pretty rough in gears 1-4 when in sport mode and every once and a while it shifts hard in normal mode which I find odd. It does typically skip gears in normal mode though which might account for smoother shifts. If give it hell in sport mode it seems to shift much smoother.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk