2 Questions for Current Raptor Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmar311

Reaction score
For those that do or have owned the Gen2 TT V6 Raptor, do you feel as though throttle response is not that impressive? I know you can do a variety of aftermarket things to improve it but both Raptors I've test driven just don't seem to 'put u back in your seat' when you get on the throttle. Granted I didnt stand on the throttle but just thought with 450hp I'd experience more get up and go.

Other thing wifey noticed is that she and kids were in backseat and said the AC never really got that cold after almost 25-30min test drive. I thought there may be 2 separate AC console controls like our SUV but looks like you can only control from the front. Any complaints about those that live in the south and AC cold temps not cool enough? This could be completely a one-off with that particular truck but figured I'd ask. I like the cab at Antarctic temp!

Still waiting to see if my 2018 order was processed by Ford. How long typically until I should typically hear something on status of my order?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
1) a qualified yes.
I do feel Ford went way, way too far in softening throttle response in “normal” mode - what pretty much all the rest of us would call “eco” mode. Sport mode has better and more linear throttle response and you’re cognizant of workarounds and fixes for this so no need to deal with that. My complaint isn’t so much with WFO throttle, but part throttle - anything under 90% throttle in normal mode is too sluggish.

2) I have seen a few deep southern fried Rap owners complain about the A/C not having enough oomph and chill, but I’ve been having good results. This will be my 2nd summer with the Rap and I think the A/C is adequate for 90’s to 100F. I think the guys who regularly see triple digit temps will have to chime in here for meaningful feedback.

OP
OP
jmar311

jmar311

Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback smurfslayer! Anything you've done aftermarket-wise for throttle response?

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have mine yet, but was sitting in a Magnetic one with the A/C running for about 5 minutes and it was getting pretty comfortable. I'm in Phoenix and it was about 100 out. I'll have better idea when I get mine. I got black.

Jackkk

Reaction score
I live in Humid-Hot south Louisiana and when the temperature reaches 90 plus, I notice heat radiates down from the closed moon roof. So, there are two things that I do to help relieve the problem. 1, ceramic tint, including the moonroof and 2, don't leave the AC on auto. I bump the fan up to keep constant air movement and then all is good. Auto works great, but when its super hot or have rear passengers I bump the fan up higher than auto.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that do or have owned the Gen2 TT V6 Raptor, do you feel as though throttle response is not that impressive? I know you can do a variety of aftermarket things to improve it but both Raptors I've test driven just don't seem to 'put u back in your seat' when you get on the throttle. Granted I didnt stand on the throttle but just thought with 450hp I'd experience more get up and go.

Other thing wifey noticed is that she and kids were in backseat and said the AC never really got that cold after almost 25-30min test drive. I thought there may be 2 separate AC console controls like our SUV but looks like you can only control from the front. Any complaints about those that live in the south and AC cold temps not cool enough? This could be completely a one-off with that particular truck but figured I'd ask. I like the cab at Antarctic temp!

Still waiting to see if my 2018 order was processed by Ford. How long typically until I should typically hear something on status of my order?

You can definitely tell a difference in performance between a Raptor and a regular F150. If you want more oomph, then take a look at MPTs performance tune and it will 100% give you the performance that you want.

As for AC, I have not had any issues or complaints from the family with temps around 95 numerous days in a row.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback smurfslayer! Anything you've done aftermarket-wise for throttle response?

Pedal Commander. City +1 / +2 are good at ‘waking up’ the lazy ‘normal’ mode throttle response. I much prefer the sport mode responsiveness and throttle sensitivity but I also don’t like to spend the first 30 seconds in the truck setting options; toggle to sport, select 4a, sync screen to phone, reconnect for text messages (this only works about 50% of the time), etc.

You can go higher, but it only makes the throttle more “binary” and more sensitive to throttle input. Or rather less precise but more sensitive. So, if you are in sport +2 on the pedal commander and select sport mode, you’ll probably have some pretty aggressive shifting down, but if you hold the throttle the truck won’t want to upshift.

Sometimes I like to just get in the truck and drive. Ford made this very frustrating. Lots of room to make this better.

Ford could implement a ‘remember last drive mode’ option, for at least normal/sport/weather

or add an intermediate mode between normal and sport to select (and remember)

Ford could do like motorcycle makers and allow us to select more throttle response. I wouldn’t mind normal mode if it didn’t jump to 10th gear at 41 mph and try desperately to stay there and if the truck obeyed my right foot. They could also add some selection option to 2h/4a via the menu system. Or heck, just make that selection completely mechanical as opposed to electronic , along with drive mode so we can make the truck behave like we want.

Until they do however, normal mode is a curse upon the Raptor.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Humid-Hot south Louisiana and when the temperature reaches 90 plus, I notice heat radiates down from the closed moon roof. So, there are two things that I do to help relieve the problem. 1, ceramic tint, including the moonroof and 2, don't leave the AC on auto. I bump the fan up to keep constant air movement and then all is good. Auto works great, but when its super hot or have rear passengers I bump the fan up higher than auto.

When you have the A/C set to auto, you need to press the small auto button and also press the left knob so the amber light is showing. Also, press the right knob to put it in dual mode and the fan should kick way up.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jmar, I just got home and my AC worked flawlessly the entire trip. Temps were as high as 107 near Kingman AZ/Baker CA. I did notice that the seat cooler seems to get noticeably cooler as soon as I turned on the AC. Seemed different than my 2016 KR seat ventilators that were cool all the time.

Oh, in normal mode the acceleration does reflect the "built in delay" that so many modern vehicles have these days. I'll likely get the Pedal Commander (or similar) as in Sport mode the trans tends to rev higher and I don't always need that.

100% agree with Smurf, a "last mode memory" feature would be a great add to the Raptor!

Last edited:

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the Whipple Stage 1 kit on mine and I barely ever put the truck in sport mode anymore. I haven't had any problems with AC either but its not as hot here as Texas or Arizona or some of the places guys are from