Wrench Light On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was driving my truck around during the snow storm in 4wd. At one point the wrench light came on and it felt like I lost 4wd (can't be sure though). From what I read, when people see the wrench their truck/vehichle is in limp mode. I didn't feel like I lost any power and was able to drive around. It remained on for the entire ride (I was driving around picking up my staff for work). Later on in the afternoon when I started the truck, the wrench light was gone. I'm going to take it in to the dealer today to have them look at it. Will it show a code if that wrench light is off? I'm used to check engine lights and reading DTCs but is the wrench light different than a CEL?

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I took my truck in for a battery icon which lead to me losing systems one by one and having to pull over due to not having any battery.... Since they couldn't replicate it and don't care what I have to say anyway, they tried to send me on my way AFTER I had been stranded...

In other words they will want to replicate it before they fix it...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, as I suspected, when the technician checked for codes there were none stored. My 4WD is functioning without a problem (in fact, I towed someone out of a ditch today on the way home from the dealership). At least it is documented that I had a problem so that if anything happens in the future it'll be on record.

Miguel.buhat

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I'm experiencing some issues with the wrench light coming on and going away on its own within 10 seconds. Obviously when it comes in, it throws the truck into limp mode.

My truck is a 2014 and its stock, engine wise.

The dealer cannot find any stored codes and this has not been able to do anything yet. They also cannot replicate it.

Any ideas?

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17 raptor and I've been getting the wrench icon aswell, no stalling but I did have a real rough down shift once..have read that some get trans pumps..truck feels fine and if u shut it off the light goes away

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've gotten the wrench icon when shifting into 4Hi. It goes out when shifting back to 2WD. On a whim, took the negative battery cable off all night. No wrench icon - at least for now.

Miguel.buhat

Reaction score
Didn’t get to update the post on time but the dealer eventually found the culprit of the problem. Only took about a month of going back and forth into the dealership.
All was fixed under power train warranty.

so they after dropping the transmission pan several times, they were able to find that one of the o-rings inside the transmission was broken. Which they said caused some of the electrical issues I was having, including the wrench light being thrown.

It’s been about 1.5 years since, and all is Gucci!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts