Worst Truck I have ever owned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jfreeze

Reaction score
I still have my 2011 SCREW, it now has 98,000 miles on it. I must say it has not been my favorite vehicle. Im sure that I am not alone on this, let's see.
The front-end has rattled like a bucket of bolts since day one (has gotten worse over time & Ford said its normal!). The transmission went out at 82,000 miles (Thank You Crystal), Both CV boots are ripped open, front shocks are leaking, annoying rattles all over the interior. I also have the dreaded popping from the dash, its the lower passenger actuator which I have been dreading to fix. However the AC compressor went out yesterday too which contaminated the condenser etc. My buddy & I replaced Comp, Condenser, & discharge hose yesterday, but cannot get the compressor to turn on because the truck is blowing straight up HOT air- stuck on heat because of the ******* actuator issue! Therefore now I cannot charge the system, until I pay someone $1500 to replace a $25 part that you have to remove the dash to replace! Anyway Im just disgusted, have been a Ford guy my entire life & have owned other SVT vehicles, but this truck is a *************. The new Raptor is probably going to be about the same, no way in hell Im spending $70k on another POS! There I feel better now

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's sucks, I'd be frustrated too!! I have a 13 that I got in Oct of 12 and fortunately haven't had any issues. Your experience would make me question my loyalty as well.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see your discontent with all your problems. But I assure you working at a gm dealer, gm trucks, cars, suv's have the same issues. Dodge vehicles... well they are piles. Ford has its flaws too. It boils down to all vehicles are built with top quality parts from the lowest bidder...

Tear into that dash. Dash work blows but it's not that bad. Just disassemble slow. Take lots of pics, and bag and tag hard ware as you take it apart.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have my 2011 SCREW, it now has 98,000 miles on it. I must say it has not been my favorite vehicle. Im sure that I am not alone on this, let's see.
The front-end has rattled like a bucket of bolts since day one (has gotten worse over time & Ford said its normal!). The transmission went out at 82,000 miles (Thank You Crystal), Both CV boots are ripped open, front shocks are leaking, annoying rattles all over the interior. I also have the dreaded popping from the dash, its the lower passenger actuator which I have been dreading to fix. However the AC compressor went out yesterday too which contaminated the condenser etc. My buddy & I replaced Comp, Condenser, & discharge hose yesterday, but cannot get the compressor to turn on because the truck is blowing straight up HOT air- stuck on heat because of the ******* actuator issue! Therefore now I cannot charge the system, until I pay someone $1500 to replace a $25 part that you have to remove the dash to replace! Anyway Im just disgusted, have been a Ford guy my entire life & have owned other SVT vehicles, but this truck is a *************. The new Raptor is probably going to be about the same, no way in hell Im spending $70k on another POS! There I feel better now
My transmission went at 82k on my 13, got a new one drove it home and ford didn't put my seal on the transfer case back on right and when I brought it back they told me it's my fault and I ended up buying a new transfer case also

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason,
Sorry to hear about this buddy. I havent come on here in over a year, but at 138k miles, my Raptor is still doing great- so great I havent been compelled to upgrade. In fact, my near future plan is to get a 2018 Expedition and keep my raptor. Like you, Ive owned many SVTs, and am a Ford guy all the way. Ive had almost all good experiences with Ford, but did have that nightmare 2016 Explorer Platinum lemon. For the rest of you- I bought it in December 2015, drove it a month, tranny went, and it sat at a Ford dealer unable to be fixed from Feb-July. All that time, Im making payments on a vehicle I cant drive, got F@&ked on the buyback, and to add insult to injury, they reported me late on the final payment because I uad to pay 4k out of pocket at time of buyback contract and it took extra time to process the check. First late payment in my life on a car.

So I get it.

I could just pick up the phone and say this, but it has value I will share here- if you see signs of an inferior vehicle- dump it. Dealers and Manufacturers care about the NEXT sale, never about the last sale. -and thats true with all of them.

OP
OP
Jfreeze

Jfreeze

Reaction score
Wow, I knew I wasn't alone. Pyro is right no manufacturer can build everything themselves & the bottom line is profitability. I would never buy a Dodge, or a Chevy. Toyota is an option, plenty of them on the road around here in San Antonio, since they are built here. Another option is to just suck it up & fix all my problems & just drive it into the ground or trade it

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt sound so bad, just wait until you have fuse 27 melting, an IWE popping and the third brake light short circuit... :lol2:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very frustrating. I get it. Sometimes you need to take a deep breath and take a step back. Blend door actuator is a very common problem. Shocks should have been rebuild at 50-60k miles. That's just regular maintenance. I am sure your truck rides like shit with 98k miles and blown shocks. Bad trans I get it. But that depends how you use the truck. Rattle in the front, did you have checked out? The good thing is that there are VERY few posts like yours. 99.9% of the current owners are pretty happy with their Raptors.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree with Pyro3601,

I had a Chevy 2 DR Tahoe with the 5.7L, in the same amount of miles that I've driven both trucks over 6 years, the Raptor is holding strong!
And I maintain my trucks!!!
Can not say the same for the chevy, 3 transmissions, 4 rear-ends, all upper and lower ball joints & tie-rod ends replaced 4 times, idler and pitman arms replaced, tail light shorts........etc, etc, etc.
I did like the Tahoe but every year I was dumping $3K + and it was getting old.

4840-dsc00034-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had a issue other than the heater core going out and it went downhill from there. Mainly because the Ford dealer worked on it. Rattling in the dash, loose bolts that literally fell down from behind the dash, loose steering wheel, same ac issue because of the actuator, busted heating seats and the list goes on. I managed to fix some stuff myself and never had a issue after that. I'd recommend the same pyro said, go have at it yourself.