windshield wiper thumping in brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the wiper motor is connected to the firewall and so it the brake pedal lever no?

wouldn't this cause some vibration/pulsating through your foot?

...what's even more annoying is how when the wipers are on high the whole truck sways back and fourth. when the Raptor is a-rockin don't come a knockin.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the wiper motor is connected to the firewall and so it the brake pedal lever no?

wouldn't this cause some vibration/pulsating through your foot?

...what's even more annoying is how when the wipers are on high the whole truck sways back and fourth. when the Raptor is a-rockin don't come a knockin.

Yes

Yes

and yes

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use Rain-X. If I had to say what my most un-used thing on any vehicle of mine is, it would be the wipers. I've NEVER replaced a set of blades on any of my vehicles. Maybe that means I never keep them long enough. But for real, Rain-X or that other gel shit I want to try when I run out.

Also, the Rain-X additive in the washer reservoir rocks.

Acevtwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feeling the wipers in the brake peddle really bugs me and so does the heat distribution. My right foot sweats and my left foot freezes. C'mon Ford.

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only vehicle I have owned that had this foot massage feature was my 02 SVT Focus.

Has to be a Ford thing.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
maybe they are borrowing the wiper motors from the f150's for the new 2013 gt500 motor...

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My Toyota doesn't do that.

But the frame on that thing is like a wet noodle.:Moon: