GEN 2 White noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirk

Reaction score
Hi,

I got in my truck today and have this white noise, shhhhing sound that is loud enough to be annoying. This occurs only when the truck is running. I turned off the radio and ac unit and the sound is still there. Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks, Dirk

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi,

I got in my truck today and have this white noise, shhhhing sound that is loud enough to be annoying. This occurs only when the truck is running. I turned off the radio and ac unit and the sound is still there. Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks, Dirk

Maybe the engine noise generator had a leak? [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Probably some gen 1 owners hiding and shhhhhhhing the V6 sound :) hahaha

First, Welcome to FRF. 2nd, gotta say, @Hockster probably nailed it. check in the bed for wayward Gen1 owners.

The truck pumps in fake engine noise and that’s probably what you’re hearing. You can pay the dealer to turn it off or get FORSCAN to suppress it and program more fun stuff. There’s a thread for Forscan options.

There’s a youtube video before and after turning off the fake engine noise. It convinced me to leave well enough alone, but I picked up the stuff for Forscan and did some editing and while I was in there I turned off fake engine noise. I’ve lived with that a week and am too lazy to put the fake engine noise back.

The fake engine noise covers a lot of the little quirky noises the trucks make. It’s not a big deal and honestly I’ve gotten used to having the noise off. it makes the cabin a tick quieter.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got in my truck today and have this deep, throaty rumble type noise that I can feel through the seats, it gets louder and deeper the more throttle I give it. I turned my radio up full blast and my a/c on high and I can still hear it. I think I will take it out to the desert and send it many times to see if I can diagnose.

OP
OP
D

Dirk

Reaction score
First, Welcome to FRF. 2nd, gotta say, @Hockster probably nailed it. check in the bed for wayward Gen1 owners.

The truck pumps in fake engine noise and that’s probably what you’re hearing. You can pay the dealer to turn it off or get FORSCAN to suppress it and program more fun stuff. There’s a thread for Forscan options.

There’s a youtube video before and after turning off the fake engine noise. It convinced me to leave well enough alone, but I picked up the stuff for Forscan and did some editing and while I was in there I turned off fake engine noise. I’ve lived with that a week and am too lazy to put the fake engine noise back.

The fake engine noise covers a lot of the little quirky noises the trucks make. It’s not a big deal and honestly I’ve gotten used to having the noise off. it makes the cabin a tick quieter.

Thanks for the welcome. hehe I didn't see anyone in the back. I don't think it's the augmented engine noise thing, unless of course there is an issue with it. Maybe I should have said instead of at running it occurs at idling too. Been driving it for a little over a month and didn't notice or have issues with it. It's just tonight after work I noticed this constant humming. Oh well, I'll likely take it to the dealership in the morning to see what they have to say :) Thanks, Dirk

OP
OP
D

Dirk

Reaction score
Sounds like the seat heater or cooler, they make a fair amount of noise

Ahem well, I got up early to take the truck in and did in fact notice that I somehow bumped the seat cooler on the passenger side to the high setting. So, it was that fan I was hearing. So, you were spot on there. :Stupid Me:

Thanks, Dirk

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks, Dirk

Seat cooler is on.