Whining noise coming from something belt driven

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparky

Reaction score
It's when it's cold...freezing and below...told ford I want a new alternator installed, look like a fool when it's sits and wines that loud for 15 minutes...been waiting 2 weeks for an alt...apparently the country must be out of them (; I think I'll try turning the steering wheel next time to see if it's that I guess...

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, went back to Ford since Power Steering unit is still whining after new belt and flush of system. Now they agree to replace PS unit. Now to wait. Hope that it doesn't crap out on me while wheeling up here in NH this weekend.

Wouldn't want to miss the games!

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
These pumps get noisy quick. They will run a long time making noise. Eventually it will crap out though. I carry a spare with me. Even though I don't have a raptor.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also carry a spare cause there is no warning when they WILL got out. Learned my lesson nothing will build forearm muscles like a Raptor without power steering.

-Greg (aka Squatting Dog)

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I recall five or six of us who had pumps go at at Snoball. I'm sorry but that's a ridiculous number of failures.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Out of 75 trucks? Wow that's 7% failure rate!

I need to look for an aftermarket solution. I wonder if the additional reservoir would help?

I could only find one aftermarket pump and that was about $900. I'm gonna order the pss reservoir and cooler. Hopefully that helps mitigate any future issues.

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has contacted SVT or Ford to let them know of issue. I just spent 20 minutes trying to get the correct way to submit an email to the right location without success. I will be at Ford dealer tomorrow for PS replacement and will find out how to submit.

May have to post to get an email campaign from FRF members to see if we can get FORD to resolve - not that I am hopeful for a recall.