Whine/whistle 1800-2200 RPM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This will sound strange lol but I've had a couple of whistling sounds I've nailed down over the last year. You mentioned RPM but one that I had was with the AC on and the rear vents closed, they'd whistle faintly. Drove me crazy until I found it. The other I have is a CB antenna that isn't drilled into the roof so the air runs under the cable on the roof at higher speeds and whistles faintly too.

I know those are long shots but you never know...

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I checked the rear vents and they are open. No other antennas on the vehicle other than what it came with haha.

I tried to get a video yesterday but the road and wind noise prevented my cell phone from grabbing the whine.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check your vacuum line going to the IWE.

Someone had this issue being supercharged and was complaining about a whistle, turns out the vacuum line was damaged.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, same at 2500 to 3000 rpm. Was tough to replicate in neutral, but I finally did it today. Mine started after the dealership repaired my transfer case which didn't solve my original problem. I picked up the car with this whine, the original whine in 4High, and the slip yoke chirp. I had to bring it back to fix the slip yoke, but I didn't waste my time on the other problems.

If you figure it out, let us know. Thanks.

RedFive

Reaction score
I have the same thing. It sounds like a faint dog whistle or little super charger spooling up. It only does it under light throttle. I have a K&N, so maybe it is just enough air being pulled in with the right amount of pressure to make a slight whistle.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same thing. It sounds like a faint dog whistle or little super charger spooling up. It only does it under light throttle. I have a K&N, so maybe it is just enough air being pulled in with the right amount of pressure to make a slight whistle.

Did you figure out what this issue was?