Whine

• Thread starter Deleted member 17706
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

Hello,

I've been in the North West for the holidays. I've noticed in the mornings when I go to start the vehicle that there is a whining noise at the crank, but after I start to drive the noise goes away. The temperatures have been negative to below freezing for the last two weeks so I figured it might be the belt. Yet, when I lived up here full time with my other Raptor it never made this noise. Furthermore, when I started it today the same issue repeated itself, but when I turned my steering wheel while in park the noise got louder? So I was curious what you guys thought it could be... maybe a power steering issue? Yet, again after ideling for about 15 mins the noise went away.

The truck has 28,000 miles.

Thanks

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
power steering pump. Pretty common ford thing to do across all their vehicles. Just tell people it's a supercharger.

And let it warm up before using it.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been below zero here too, and I get the same thing. Sometimes it sounds like it's coming from the heating blower. Always goes away though once warmed up.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power steering.
Mine does it too intermittently on cold days. I don't know mechanically why it happens. I let it warm up some before taking off anyway on cold cold days. I am just waiting for the day when it ***** the bed and I can upgrade it.

Helibike

Reaction score
I have the exact same noise. Doesn't sound like a big issue judging by the other posts. My A/C grinds and my P/S whines. Kind of disappointing as my 04 FX4 didn't do any of these sounds.
Oh well. The off road capabilities more than make up for it.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine was making noise as well.. it eventually failed, but doesnt make any noise since being replaced. I used synthetic ATF and 1/2 bottle of lucas p/s fluid.