Wheel Bearing, Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frypie

Reaction score
I am looking for some help. My driver side front wheel bearing is going out on my 2012 Raptor. I had it to the dealer for repair and they told me that the wheel bearing was on back order until the end of Dec. and told me to drive it like this until then. I really don't want to wait that long and would like to know if anyone would have any ideas how to get the part. Thanks.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Its the entire hub assembly. You can't just change the bearing. try teamfordparts.com

or randys parts guy.

OP
OP
F

Frypie

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Spoke to Randy and he gave me some ideas. Really nice guy.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Tasca parts. You can also buy the same assemblys from motocraft vendors which are basically ford oem. Seen them as low as 220 down in the states new

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just because Ford sells it only as an assembly does not mean that the bearing can not be replaced.
If someone has an old one, let’s take it apart to look for numbers or measure the bearing.
Bearings come in standard sizes.

Rubare

Reaction score
i took my raptor to the dealership around 6 months ago. they told me the sound was tires noise and the more i drive my truck(wear the tires off )the sound will go away. well tires will need to be replaced by next summer and the sound still there. so before i replace my tires i will show up at the dealership with bold tires and ask them to check those wheel hubs again. cant wait to see what would be their answer this time around.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Just because Ford sells it only as an assembly does not mean that the bearing can not be replaced.
If someone has an old one, let’s take it apart to look for numbers or measure the bearing.
Bearings come in standard sizes.
lexus and infiniti do the same thing. where they make you buy the whole assembly. but if you are savvy enough you can replace the actual bearing. i did it on a lexus with a friend of mine once.. it took a lot of figuring things out but we got it done. Also if is under warranty just let them change it.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had something going on in the front end. usually at highway speeds, sort of a shutter. They replaced my tie rods, but I know the upper ball joints are bad. I will have them check the hubs. What type of ride do you have with bad hub assembly's?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update: They're replacing the tie rod ends that they just installed. Also, they are replacing the upper ball joints. I didn't ask what they found when they inspected the wheel bearings like I asked. Hopefully this will remedy the shudder/vibration I have.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update: They're replacing the tie rod ends that they just installed. Also, they are replacing the upper ball joints. I didn't ask what they found when they inspected the wheel bearings like I asked. Hopefully this will remedy the shudder/vibration I have.

Any further news about your truck, TheJoker? What's your model year and mileage? I'll hang around this thread in case you need my help.

Crystal